Chapter 21

Username: Wolf*
Location: Still Near St. Vincent's
Posts: 3
Following: 0
Followers: 2,751

*New Post: Who's hunting who tonight?

Sam, Millan, and Rodgers were still reeling over the fact that the King next them was actually the Wolf.  The only student from St. Vincent's they admired.  But they couldn't dwell on this fact for too long because the St. Vincent's forum confirmed that their suspicions were accurate.  St. Vincent's was planning on make a move tonight.

Rodgers played the song on Jonas' post and turned a little pale.  "That's real fucking creepy."

Hugh nudged Jonas.  "You know that the wolf burns at the end of that song, right?"

Jonas rolled his eyes.  "Do you think there is anyone at St. Vincent's who would listen to this song all the way through?"

The message from the Wolf was to make St. Vincent's panic and become sloppy.  Luckily, the panic was showing in the Elite chat.  But the Kings also sent a message through the Hawkings school announcement chat on their phones.

King Mad Dog Hugh: St. Vincent's assholes are hunting right now
King Sam: Stay in groups and get in doors for now
King Millan: If you see anyone who needs help, help them and get them somewhere safe. 
King Mad Dog Hugh: Unless they are from St. Vincent's.  Fuck them
King Rodgers: Make sure everyone is accounted for
King Jonas: Await further instructions. We're going to make moves soon

Jonas was reading through the forums as their own school chat was erupting.  "So the spot they want to hide their Prey is the town center.  But the starting point is... fuck.. it's the mall." 

Hugh paled.  "Travis."

They all ran to Sam's car and piled in, while they all tried to call Travis and Jaiden, but neither we're answering.

They got to the mall in record time and parked near a group of luxury cars that could only belong to St. Vincent's.  They saw approximately 30 kids in St. Vincent's uniforms surrounding two people, Jaiden and Travis.  Both were fighting back and had quite a few cuts on their faces and knuckles.

Hugh reached out and clenched Jonas' hand. "Are you ready?"

Jonas was finally going to confront his past. His jaw was clenched.  "Very." 

But Jonas faltered when he saw a younger boy run into the middle of the group. 

Hugh recognized him because of the cafe.  "Eli?  Shit, this may complicate things. They could target him for getting in the way."  The last part he muttered, but it was so quiet in the car that everyone heard. 

The Kings flickered their eyes between Eli and Jonas and saw the uncanny resemblance. 

Jonas clenched Hugh's hand and Hugh could feel a small tremble.  He looked at Jonas with concern.  He never saw Jonas flustered or worried.

"Jonas, what do we need to do?"   Hugh was clasping his hand back now.

"I'm going to look like a real asshole...  Fuck.  Trust me, please?"  They could all hear the desperation in Jonas' voice and didn't question him.  They just nodded, showing that they do.

"Guys, give us a second?"  Hugh asked, and the other three nodded and climbed out of the car. 

The group from St. Vincent's was too focused on Travis and Jaiden that they didn't notice the Kings. But Eli's interruption also paused the attack on the two.