Bonus: Hawkings Ever After (2)

After the wedding, there was an air of change and the Kings started their futures.

Chuck had decided to migrate his gym to New York, and Jonas and Hugh followed him. It was a blessing for Hugh, because there was a good music school in the area. He started to walk his path down music production while Jonas trained.

Jaiden had wanted to travel and saved enough money for a motorcycle and took off to travel the states.

Sam and Emilia were extremely close and couldn't be separated. They got engaged shortly after Jonas and Hugh's wedding. She started studying to become a pediatrician at her father's hospital. Sam followed her footsteps in the medical field and started training as an EMT. It was their own small way of helping those in need.

Rodgers went to the local college to study secondary education. He worked closely with the administration of Hawkings because he knew he wanted to go back. It was his home away from home, and swore to continue protecting Hawkings in his own way.

Millan was always putting out metaphoric fires in high school, and decided that fighting real fires was a fitting career choice for him. So he started training for his career as a firefighter. It was a good transition for him.

Eli still had another year left in high school. He wanted to just get his GED and go to college with the rest, but Jonas begged him to stay in Hawkings and just enjoy his senior year. He wanted to fight it, but Travis helped him stay when he declared that he was going to the local college with Rodgers. Eli moved into the small apartment that had Jonas worked hard to purchase. He thought he would have to live there alone because Jonas had moved to New York, but Travis spent the night once with him and never left.

Eli missed his brother, but he admitted that it was a good decision to remain. His last year of Hawkings was immensely different from St. Vincent's. He truly enjoyed his time and had the luxury to just be himself. He wasn't a King, but the new Kings relied on him to help them become good leaders.

When the school year was coming to an end, he found himself sitting at a table staring at the college acceptance letters, specifically one from Cambridge. It was a dream come true, but it was also terrifying. He looked at Travis who was beaming at him, but Eli's face crumpled. "I don't have to go."

"Eli, you have to go. You want to be the next Alex Richards, so you have to." Travis said with a shake of his head.

"But, I'll be without you..."

Travis climbed into his lap and kissed him softly on the lips. "You're acting like we are breaking up. You're going to college, and I will be video calling you everyday. We will travel to meet each other on our breaks. We will make this work because I am not going anywhere."

Eli spent the night holding Travis close to his chest. He knew he should go, and he knew that he would, but saying goodbye was the hardest.

Leaving the man he loved was damn near impossible.

Three years after Eli graduated from Hawkings, he was sitting in a bar with a few friends from his classes at Harvard.  He was holding a beer was watching the TV intently.

He opened and closed his hand a couple of times, silently cursing the cold. His hands always tended to be a little stiff in this weather because of the old fractures.  It didn't fully hinder him from playing the piano, thanks to the rigorous physical therapy Jonas forced him to do. However, old wounds flared up sometimes.

One of his friends nudged him.  "Are you seriously watching the fights again?  We thought you wanted to come here for a break. The fights can't be that relaxing"