Chapter 48

Jonas had to stop by the dorms first and was grateful that it was close by. However, he feared that the dorms were watched by the St. Vincent's Elites, so he parked in one of the back roads, and took the narrow allies to enter the back door the dorms. It wasn't a common route and he knew that St. Vincent's wouldn't know about it. He snuck into his dorm and rushed to the room.

But Jaiden heard the noise and rushed after him. "Jo! What are you doing... here?" He saw the blood on Jonas and noticed that he was grabbing tape to wrap his hands and a backpack that they had prepared a week ago.

The backpack had a number of wireless cameras that they got ready for their encounter with St. Vincent's, on top of the evidence that Eli had been building for the last year and a half. Eli had been his biggest supporters and strength in obtaining evidence of St. Vincent's darker side.

"Jo, what are you doing?" He wanted to stop him, but the cold feeling that Jonas was emitting had frightened him to one spot.

Jonas wrapped his hands carefully and clenched his fists to make sure it was comfortable.

He pulled out a hoodie he had stuffed under the bed. It was maroon and had the St. Vincent's sigil. The hood was special where it would cover most of his face. It was a special edition for top Elites. He pulled it over his bloodied clothes and put the backpack on. Luckily his jeans were dark and the blood didn't stand out, but he needed to cover the white shirt that was now stained red.

He took a deep breath. "I will have my phone on the entire time, but the ringer will be silent. When I turn on the video cameras and am ready, I will let you know. Stream it on the Kings' social media page and tag everyone you can think of, including Chuck. Make sure you get Chuck because he has the largest following. Tell the others to use the Spot The Wolf application and start tagging random locations to throw them off."

"And where are you going?" Jaiden asked quietly.

Jonas clenched his jaw. "The only place fitting to end it all." He adjusted the backpack and took off out the door and snuck out through the back again.

His eyes were wary and watched the area to make sure no one was watching him.

At the same time, Jaiden was on the phone with frantically retelling what had just happened in the dorms. The Kings noticed Jonas leaving a little too late and knew that he was out for revenge. They had been scrambling through the hospital, trying to locate him until Jaiden's call came in.

They decided to split up. Millan and Travis stayed with Hugh and Eli in the hospital. Jaiden remained in the dorms and stood by the phone for Jonas' call. Rodgers and Sam recruited some of their stronger classmates and split up through the city, looking for Jonas.

However no one expected a lone motorcycle was making its way up the winding road that lead to St. Vincent's.

Jonas shivered a little as the cold wind hit him. Luckily it wasn't unbearably chilling, but it was still enough to make his hands on the handles numb. His jaw was sore from being clenched for so long. He knew that the Kings and Hugh will be upset with him for taking the initiative. He has contemplated waiting for them and there was still time. But he needed to know their plans and set everything up discreetly. Having even two Kings here would be too conspicuous.

He reached the plateau and St. Vincent's campus came into view like a menacing mountain. The courtyard lights twinkled and glimmered through the steaming water in the fountains, giving the area an ethereal effect. The buildings had a few lights on, casting a number of shadows and causing an eerie backdrop to the courtyard.

It was fitting. The beauty and prestige was the first thing you saw, while the darkness lurked deeper inside the campus. Last time he was here, he had Hugh next to him, but now he was alone. He clicked his tongue and quickly brought the motorcycle into an area that was hidden from view. It was one of his few places of solitude so he knew not a lot of people were able to find it.