Chapter 16

Most of the day passed and Hugh was still pouting. Jonas was chuckling every time he saw the sour face. "Why are you upset? It was my ass that's on display, not yours."

"I'm going to find who ever took that picture and break their hands." He grumbled as he was finding and outfit for tonight.

Jonas chuckled as he looked at the forum and the many guys complimenting his ass.  He thought he should be embarrassed but he didn't care that much.  The guys at Hawkings were basically family at this point.  And everyone knew that he and Hugh can kick their ass if they dare tired to use the picture against him.

Jonas shifted through the clothes, indecisive. "What's the dress code for tonight. I don't have too many button downs and maybe one tie."

"Button downs and ties? It's just a family dinner.  As long as you wear clothes, you're fine." Hugh rolled his eyes and then paused seeing the seriousness on Jonas' face. "Shit, haven't you had a casual dinner with a friend's family?"

Jonas rubbed the back of his head. "Plenty of times, but every interaction is a business deal, or an opportunity to build and maintain connections."  He held up a black button down shirt and looked it over.  "So no tie? Or casual like a polo?"

"Casual like jeans and a t-shirt, you wierdo. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with St. Vincent's?" He reached into Jonas' closet and pulled out a couple of items and tossed them to Jonas.

Jonas gave the clothes a hesitant look but gave in and pulled a black t-shirt over his body and slipped on the close fitting jeans. He grabbed an earring that wasn't as long as the one that Hugh was wearing, but it still dangled.

He raised his arm, indicating that Hugh needed to approve of his look. He grinned.  "You look sexy, sweetheart.  And stop worrying.  No connections or business.  This is just my parents giving you some food and them sharing embarrassing stories about me."

Jonas smirk. "Oh yeah, like what?"

Hugh groaned. "Forget I mentioned anything. You bring it up, I'll choke you with your only tie."

They arrived to a large house on Hugh's motorcycle. Jonas eyed the house with curiosity. Hugh's family obviously had money and lived close to the school, but Hugh still wanted to live in the dorms. In fact, he felt that Hugh could have attended St. Vincent's. He felt grateful that Hugh never bothered with being a socialite though. Both of them could not be molded into Elite society.

Hugh looked at him hesitantly. No one had seen his home before and he always worried that he would be judged for it. "Dad's a lawyer.  Does pretty well for himself."

Jonas nodded, not phased by the money, but then faltered remembering Hugh's last name and a lawyer's name that was used like a curse in the Spencer household.

"Alex Richards?" He asked.  His father would condemn Alex Richards whenever he had a chance. He always made life difficult for people at St. Vincent's and could never be paid off. Jonas' favorite family dinners including hearing stories how Alex Richards screwed some socialite with his no nonsense attitude.

Hugh nodded and gave him a questioning look.

Jonas grinned. "My father hates your dad.  That makes your dad one of my favorite people."

Hugh laughed and wrapped his arm around Jonas' shoulders. "My dad's going to flip that I'm bring a St. Vincent's boy home."

Jonas rolled his eyes. "Ex-St. Vincent's boy."

They were laughing as Hugh opened the door and dragged Jonas inside. "Mom! Dad!"

Jonas was surprised to see a small red head woman come running to the door and jumping on Hugh. Hugh laughed and hugged her, using the momentum to lift her off the ground. "Hey mom."