Chapter 9

While walking to the school, Hugh and Jonas were side by side.  The other students walking were discussing the Wolf's post with excitement, coming up with random interpretations of what it could me.  They gravitate around Hugh and Jonas' tall figures, trying to engage them with their speculation, but the two were having their own conversation.  They weren't aware of the group of boys idolizing them.

Suddenly, tires screeched on the road behind them and Jonas was able to hear a suped up engine roaring and a sound system bumping.  Just by the sounds, Jonas could tell that someone with money was approaching.  Hugh noticed the Jonas' attitude and turned back.  "Fuck.  St. Vincent's snobs are coming."

"Convertible?"  Jonas asked.

He nodded.  "Top down."

Jonas leaned over to the guy in front of him.  "I'll pay you back."  He grabbed the coffee for the guy's and made sure the top was a little loose.

He heard the kids in the convertible yelling.

"Look at the Hawking juvies! Go back to jail!"

"Fucking scum!"

"You twats!"

"Go back to the zoo!"

The Hawkings boys were yelling back and flipping off the car.  Jonas smirked briefly and tossed the coffee cup perfectly and it landed in the front seat and splashed everywhere.

"What the fuck!?" The car swerved and then pulled over roughly.  "Who the fuck did that? Who's going to pay for that?"

The driver hopped out with his friend but froze when they saw the recognizable silver hair in the middle of the group.  They forced a glared in order to conceal their unease but it was still apparent on their faces. "Fucking Mad Dog."  The driver spit out.

Hugh laughed.  "Pay for your car?  I'm pretty sure your daddy is going to do that, pretty boy."

Jonas studied the two boys from St. Vincents and was relieved that they were not familiar, which means that they probably wouldn't know his identity.  He, Hugh, and Millan stepped forward, the crown emblems on the jackets. 

"Shit!  Three kings."  They jumped into their car and peeled off. 

It was silent for a while and then large group of boys started to laugh and hollered out to Jonas, knowing it was him who threw the coffee.  Some gave Jonas a thumbs up.  Others shouted words like, "That was the best!"

Hugh ran up and jumped on Jonas' back.  "Amazing, sweetheart!"

Jonas was a concerned that his actions would cause unease or consequences with the Hawkings students. He couldn't help but to feel happy about their reactions and encouragement, especially with Hugh's sculpted body was pressed against his back.  Hugh leaned over so his lips brushed Jonas' ear. "Do you think they recognized you?"

A small shiver ripped through his body when Hugh's breath touched his neck. Hugh noticed and smiled while wrapping his arms tightly around Jonas. Jonas secured his legs to make sure he stayed on his back.  "No.  They seemed a little younger and I look different."

"You're right.  I probably wouldn't recognize you compared to that picture in our room." He chuckled.  "Am I heavy?"

Jonas snorted.  "You're heavier than Travis."

"Anyone would be heavier than Travis." Hugh said with a pout.

They were taller than many of the boys around them, so they conversation seemed to be a secret for just them.  They talked in hushed voices, and Jonas's face didn't betray his emotions in front of the others.  However, Hugh started to notice small details.