Chapter 50

The Kings kept in close contact on their phones.  They wanted to take care of as many St. Vincent's students for as long as possible, extending the time before Jonas had to confront them.  Divide and conquer. 

But they all reported the same thing - no one had seen Lukas. 

This made Jonas nervous and his eyes remain peeled around the courtyard, trying to catch any movement that could be Lukas. 

Although it was New Years, it wasn't too cold out, so the jacket he had on was enough to keep him warm, but he still felt a chill down his spine for each hour that ticked by without news from Lukas.  He started to check in with the girls as well, making sure they were safe.  They assured him time and time again that they even barricaded the door of the room they were in.

Jonas ran his hand through his hair, trying to calm his anxious heart.  This Hunt was too different from anything he had encountered before.  He was unsettled and unnerved.  Something was going to happen tonight, and it was going to be bad for him.

Time continued to lapse, and Jonas found that Lukas' patience finally ran out when he received a message.

Lukas: Are so pathetic that you are really hiding?
Lukas:  You even sent out your goons to fight us? That wasn't part of the deal.
Jonas: Technically, I never agreed motherfucker.
Jonas: Besides, who says I'm hiding?  Perhaps I'm just waiting
Lukas: Then where are you?
Jonas: Doesn't that defeat the purpose of 'Hide and Seek'?

Lukas then sent a picture of Lucy and Emilia from earlier tonight.  Jonas grit his teeth.  If he didn't sneak in he would have put the two girls in more danger than before.  He still called them and made sure that they were safe and breathed a sigh of relief.  Lukas couldn't use them against him.

However, he knew that Lukas would probably try and contact Ryan and Troy to start whatever plan he had in mind to break Jonas.  But when he finds that he is unable to get a hold of his goons, he will realize that he lost his bargaining chip, and that Jonas was probably at the school... waiting.

He conference called the other Kings, but before he could answer, a weak but livid voice rang in his ear.  "What the fuck, Jo!"

Jonas smiled lightly hearing that voice. "Sounds like you woke up."  He laughed a little, feeling a sense of relief washing over him.

The was a click of Hugh's tongue in his ear.  "I told you not to do anything stupid."

"I am not doing anything stupid.  We are."  Jonas said with a light shrug.

"Jo-"  Hugh tired to protest, but Jonas cut him off because he noticed the lack of noise on Hugh's line.

"Where are you, Hugh?"  Jonas asked.  He should be hearing the noises from the hospital, but instead it sounded like he was in a car.  "Millan!"  He yelled.

Millan coughed a little.  "You two are unbearably stubborn."

"Hugh, you seriously just had a blood transfusion!  How could think about coming here?"  Jonas rounded back on Hugh.

"Because you weren't here when I woke up, you asshole." Hugh said with a dark voice.  "And I found out they have my fucking sister.  I am not sitting this out."

Jonas sighed, not really blaming him for his anger.  "You cannot overdo this, Hugh.  You have to trust me."

"I do trust you, but I promised that I would have your back.  So we're heading to you now."  Hugh said quietly.  He knew that Jonas was trying to protect him and end this without involving him.  He remembered seeing Jonas' face crumple when he stumbled into the hospital room bleeding.  He never wanted to be the reason why Jonas breaks or loses hope.  He needed to be by his side.