Bonus: Eli (2)

Eli knew Jonas was angry. He could see it when he was arguing with Jackson and Lukas. He hated that they had to pretend that they were at odds with each other.

Eli hated when Lukas put his arm around him just to anger Jonas. Lukas was disturbingly obsessive and he could see the strange glint in his eyes when he looked at Jonas.

When he had the chance, he left. He knew that if he stuck around, he would be a distraction and a liability. Travis was already safe and he trusted Jonas and Hugh. So he walked away without looking back.

The night of the Hunt, the Spencer house was eerie.

He stayed up all night for the live stream, watching Jonas and Hugh rip apart everyone that came at them. He loved it.

However, Clark Spencer had a different opinion. He watched the live stream all night as well. He was silent, which was worse than him yelling. The bottle of whiskey became empty by the end of the stream.

Eli stayed away, locked in his room and remained as quiet as possible. If he didn't make a sound, perhaps he could have a peaceful night.

His father pulled him out of the bed early in the morning and forced him to get ready to go out. Eli mentally prepared himself for a fight because his father was definitely in a foul mood.

They took off in their car and Eli looked around curiously, trying to figure out where they were headed. He felt chill up his spine as they stopped in front of an old looking dorm. There were kids around his age looking exhausted and wearing battered blue jackets. Eli wanted to curse. How did his father find out where Jonas lived?

They exited the car and got a number of strange looks from the Hawkings students. His father looked at them with disdain. He pushed past them with Eli and his mother trailing behind them. He stopped in front of a door and roughly knocked on it a couple of times. Eli bit his lip and leaned against the wall. He had to show that he didn't care.

After a while a kid finally stuck he head out of the door. "Old man! No one's in there!"

His father turned to glower at him, but at that moment the entire dorm erupted with cheers, which broke his attention away from the kid. The students were calling out to their Kings and Eli had to hide his smile. He was proud of his brother.

He looked down at his phone and tried to keep a calm demeanor. But it became harder when he heard the group approaching and someone yelling to get some rest. He reminded himself that he needed to maintain his facade.

Their father tried to start a ruckus in the hallway, but Jonas shut him down using his own words against him. Don't make a scene. Eli celebrated inwardly, and he used that moment to look up. He just wanting a fleeting glance...

That glance made his heart stop.

His angel.

Travis was opening the door. He delicate face still had remnants of the cuts and bruises from Jackson but he was still utterly beautiful. Especially when he was glaring at his father.

Travis had the looks, confidence, and feistiness to bring to world to its knees... at least his world.

Inside the dorms went as expected. Their father exploded... but Jonas held his ground this time. Eli felt relief knowing that Jonas was finally breaking free. Eli could endure a little bit longer, so at least this time he could protect Jonas.

Eli risked taking a chance to speak with Jonas alone, making some excuse when his parents were walking out. Luckily they allowed it. 15 minutes was worth whatever punishment his father would give him later.