Chapter 36

***I wanted a double release in case you skipped the last chapter.  Thank you for making it this far!***

Hugh quickly fell asleep in Jonas' arms. Jonas watch the man he loved sleep soundly next to him while he ran his fingers through his hair. Sleep was a secondary thought for Jonas because his mind was running wild with elation knowing that Hugh reciprocated his feelings.

He didn't say he loved Hugh because he was caught up in the moment of making love. He had felt the impulse to say it for a while now, but was too hesitant. He didn't want to scare off Hugh by falling too fast, but there was no stopping it.  He was irrefutably in love with Hugh.

He knew that he had never felt anything as intense as this before, even with Emilia after dating for a year. With Hugh, it was different. It was powerful. He felt like a puzzle piece clicked in place. A dark void that he never knew was inside of him was suddenly filled.

All he wanted to do was admire the man in his arms. He watched as Hugh's chest rose and fell, and how relaxed his face looked when breathing out. His strong muscles were accentuated by the warm light of the lamp. Jonas' finger lightly traced the sharp lines, as if he was drawing a piece of art. He could have the whole world hate him, but he would still be content as long as he had Hugh.

Jonas picked up the phone and switched to his camera application. Not wanting to make the same mistake as Hugh, he silenced the shutter and turned the flash off. He snapped a quick picture of Hugh sleeping soundly on his chest. He grinned at the image now saved on his phone. He wanted to treasure this night with him.

He was planning on tossing his phone back to the desk but saw that he had an unread text message and recalled the notification that sounded earlier.

He opened the message and clenched his teeth when he saw Lukas' number.

Lukas: My proposition is a good deal for you

It came through a while ago, but he know that Lukas would still be up, relishing in Jonas' discomfort.

Jonas: There's only so many ways I can say 'fuck off'.

Lukas: It's a Hunt, dear Joey

Jonas: Fuck your hunts

Lukas: Stop being dramatic. It's simple. A hunt of you versus us. Just you. No one else will be involved or get hurt.

Jonas: Fuck. Your. Hunts.

Lukas: Think about it. We hunt you for one night - a game of hide and seek. As long as you participate, win or lose, we will leave Hawkings alone.

Jonas: Seriously, Lukas. Go fuck yourself

Lukas: I know you're smarter than this. Hear me out. If you participate, the feud is dead between our schools.

Jonas: There is not a trustworthy bone in your body. There's always a catch to fuck someone over. Lose my number

Lukas: Well,  I won't deny that there is a caveat. If you're caught, we have our way with you, and I won't lie, we will make you hurt. But we will not touch another person the night of our Wolf Hunt. You will be our only target. If we don't find you, St. Vincent's completely withdraws. Not only do we step away from our schools' feud, as an added bonus we will kill any thoughts of future Hunts.

Jonas: The Hunts were supposed to be canceled already. Your promises are worth shit.

Lukas: I'll give you a month to think about. We will even call a truce during this time and will leave you all alone. A gesture of goodwill.