Chapter 49

Jonas watched everyone leave the room, and he followed behind them, blending into the groups that split  up.  He heard the conversations of where they would station themselves and joked about what they would do to him once the found him.

Although he knew what to expect from these people, he still felt an ache inside when he heard the familiar voices.  These people used to call him a friend.  And yet they are all part of this horrible game.

Jonas walked with them down the hall and quickly slipped away into a spare classroom.  He opened the window and climbed on the edge and found the familiar footholds that he would use to climb up to the roof of the building.  The roof was always off limits, but it was his favorite hiding spot so he found a way to get up there. But he also had a perfect view of everyone moving around.

When he did, he sat down with his back against the wall and picked up his phone and called the other Kings on a conference call.

Sam was the first to scream into the phone.  "Jo! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"We deserve an explanation!" Rodgers yelled.

Millan's voice was quiet.  "That was a fucked up move, Jo."

Jonas listened to the beeps on the other side of the phone.  "How's Hugh?" 

They knew something was happening because Jonas was whispering. Millan sighed. "Stable.  The transfusion had no issues.  Most of his color is back and they expect him to wake up any minute."

Jonas sighed with relief.  "They left an invitation after they stabbed him."

The other Kings cursed under their breath.  "And you were stupid enough to comply?"  Sam asked harshly.

Jonas chuckled coldly. "Perhaps I am.  But I also wanted to see what they're planning."

"What did you find out?" Rodgers asked.

Jonas' breath trembled a little.  "They took Lucy and Emilia.  If I dont show myself, they will do something to them to lure me out."

Sam roared. "Motherfuckers!"

"St. Vincent's has always been violent and underhanded.  Its the dark past that no one wants to acknowledge, and would rather hide it with politics and money.  But this bullshit is their true face.  They are all reckless, malevolent assholes." Jonas dropped his head to his chest. 

He remembered all of the bullshit they pulled on him.  If he wasn't strong or quick enough, he would be dead.  He truly understood that now. Everything was escalated when Lukas started to join into the games, and not only did he almost lose his life, but Hugh was at risk too.  They would attack anyone close to him, just to see him break.

"What should we do?"  Millan asked.  If Hugh woke up and knew that his sister was in danger as well, he would rip his stitches and bleed out again to destroy these people. 

"I need to get the girls out of here.  But in the meantime, I need you to weaken them.  They are going out now to search for me."  Jonas said.

"Fine.  If we see those bastards, we will tear them to shreds."  Rodgers said darkly.

"They have weapons so watch each other's backs carefully."  Jonas warned.

Millan snorted.  "Fucking dirty fighters."

Jonas sighed.  "I'll set up everything here, and I'll call you all over when it's time for our final card."

"And what is our final card?"  Sam asked.

Jonas laughed.  "Battle Royale."

They all laughed, knowing that this was the same plan as the Hunt, but they knew that Jonas had a little more up his sleeve.