Chapter 42

The group sauntered out of the mansion to be greeted by a crowd of people who have gathered from the party next door. The socialite teenagers saw the Jonas' comrades and unconsciously took a step back, murmuring with fear about the Kings. They were visibly shook.

But then Jonas emerged with Eli in his arms and Hugh with his arm around his waist.  The cold temperature seemed to drop lower like a layer of ice covered the surfaces. The teenagers shuddered and cried out when they saw that the Wolf and Mad Dog had a murderous look on the faces.

Clark and Denise rushed up to the group, unaware how dangerously angry the entire group were. If Eli did not need a hospital, they would have jumped on the older couple and not hold back.

"Jonas, what do you think you're doing?"  Clark yelled.

Jonas turned a cold eye to his father. "I'm taking Eli away."

"You're not taking him anywhere.  You have already corrupted him and confused him."

"Corrupted? Confused?  What the fuck do you men?" Jonas snarled.  His brother was perfection.  Nothing was wrong with him.

"He told me that he... he is a... gay." He said the last word as if he was spitting it out like the flavor didn't sit well with him.

"There is nothing wrong with being gay!  He should love whoever the fuck he wants without people like you judging him.  Your intolerance and ignorance should never warrant abuse."

"Boy, I am warning you-"

"Shut the fuck up, Clark.  Try testing me, or you will find out how I have been holding myself back for 13 years." Jonas growled, his voice silencing the gathering crowd.

"Give me my son!"  Denise shrieked.

"You're never touching him again."  He roared. He was malevolent and dark, his body tense and ready to tear apart anyone who got in his way. Those from St. Vincent's recognized the untamed Wolf that haunted them, but there was something more unnerving about how he acted. He had an air confidence and authority surrounding him. He was a livid King.

"That's my son! I raised him!" Denise tried again.

She didn't realize that she chose the wrong words, and the rage ignited in Jonas. 

"Raised him? I fucking raised him! I made sure he went to school.  I packed his meals and made sure he ate everyday. I made sure he practiced piano and I went to every concert and recital. I taught him how to ride a bike and play catch.  When he woke up from a nightmare, I was the one to climb in his bed and sing him to sleep.  Me!  Not you!  And when his fever spiked and he fell unconscious, I  took him to the hospital and nursed him back to health. I'm the one who wiped his his tears, cleaned his wounds, and cheered him on. I protected him for as long as I could from that fucking monster you call a husband. I raised him, while you just stood back like a passive cunt."

"You're being blatantly disrespectful. Stop this nonsense, Jonas.  Bring me Eli."  Clark said and held out his hand.

"Retract that arm, old man, or I will tear it off." 

He stepped forward, but Hugh's hands around his waist pulled him back. "Sweetheart, let's go."

Jonas sighed and turned his back on his parents and walked to the car.

However a familiar and sickening voice stopped them in their tracks. "Suck an unfortunate turn of events. Tell me, Wolf, have you made your decision yet?"

Hugh growled. "Oh I am going to kill this motherfucker." 

The reasoning he held on to this entire time dissipated as he turned and started to march up to Lukas with clenched fists.  Sam quickly moved and stood in front of Jonas who was about to explode.  He tried to quietly reason with him as Millan and Rodgers rushed to Hugh and held him back.