Chapter 8

The alarm blared through the room as Jonas and Hugh groaned.  Hugh was still curled up next to Jonas. Hugh rubbed his eyes and looked up to see Jonas stirring.  "Morning."  He said with a yawn.

Jonas moved his fingers to the silver hair and brushed back a couple of locks.  "Morning."

"Are we showering together?" Hugh said with a wink.

Jonas chuckled.  "Go first.  I'll grab some breakfast."

Hugh ran to the bathroom and started the shower.  "Are you cooking? Be still my heart!"

"Cooking is stretching it.  I'm cutting up fruit.  Want some?"

Hugh groaned.  "That sounds disgustingly healthy."

Jonas rolled his eyes. "You think this body comes with fast food and grease?"

Hugh stepped out the bathroom with a towel around his waist.  "No, but that body can come with me."  He winked again before disappearing in the bathroom.

Jonas laughed and ran his hands through his hair and pulled on sweatpants that hung low on his hips.  He didn't bother with a shirt now that everyone had seen him already.  He paused, looking at the bathroom door but shook his head and walked out in the common area. 

He was surprised to see a large group of guys in the common area, sitting on the tables and couches while Travis was in the kitchen making food for everyone.

"Morning Jo!  What do you want for breakfast?"  Travis called out, drawing everyone's attention to him.

"Damn.  How do you work out?"  One of the guys grumbled. 

"The picture didn't do it justice."

Jonas ran his hand through his hair again.  "I normally have some fruit and coffee."

Travis looked him up and down.  "I hope you're not doing a diet or anything."

Jonas shook his head.  "I lived with Chuck for a while and just got used to the way he eats."

Travis sighed.  "Fine.  But you will have my cooking soon. Coffee's on the counter."

Jonas poured a cup and pulled out some fruit and started to slice it.  "Is this normal for the mornings?"

Travis nodded. "I hope you don't mind.  We take care of each other here. Most of them don't know a thing about cooking or decent food. They would live off of fast food off they could.  So they pitch in for groceries and I do the rest."

"I know my way around a kitchen.  Need help?"

Travis looked a little embarrassed.  "You mind scrambling some eggs for me?  I'm a little behind."

Jonas nodded.  "Do you guys do the yolks?"

Travis gasped.  "You poor boy! You were living off of fruit and egg whites?"

Jonas ruffled his hair.  "Whole eggs it is."  With that, he grabbed a bowl and started to crack the eggs in it.  He added some salt and pepper before he started to whisk it together.   He moved carefully around the smaller boy who was working much harder than him.  He would pour the eggs into the pan and scramble a couple of batches, while sneaking in a few drinks of his coffee. 

He was putting a new batch out when he saw Hugh standing on the other side of the counter with a smile.  Jonas cursed.  "Sorry, Hugh. I meant to grab you something."

"Looks like you got roped into helping.  Did you eat yet?"  Hugh laughed. 

Jonas shook his head.  "I'm almost done with the eggs though."