Comprehension

Shouta Aizawa-Yagi

When Shouta first found Izuku's notebooks hidden away in the boy's closet, he just knew that he had to process them himself. He saw the analysis on heroes, villains, and civilians. He knew that there was more than a few corrupt officers on the force, especially in the district that Izuku used to live in.

So clearly showing Tsukauchi the notebooks, but telling the detective that he'd take the responsibly on of processing them himself was the right call. Tsukauchi could be trusted. He was one of three people that Nori had invited to their wedding after all. The coffee maker the man had gotten them was honestly one of his favorite presents they'd gotten, and they still use it.

He also knew that Tsukauchi wouldn't question him on the contents of the notebooks that they both knew he'd be leaving out of the reports. If anyone else were to process the books then they would just photocopy every page for the paper records, then upload pictures of every page to the very hackable database the station shared with other stations. Needless to say, it would be horrific if what little he'd seen at the time got into the wrong hands.

That being said, Shouta didn't know if he was truly ready to move past the first few pages of the journal that was labeled "Izuku Midoriya Journal #1".

Three days.

It's been three days since his son was attacked and beaten till he passed out by his own so called soulmate in the place he was supposed to be able to call his home.

Three days since Izuku was placed solely in his care. His child services and foster licenses coming in handy for not the first time. He and Nezu were able to expedite the paperwork needed to have Izuku placed in his care before lunch period on Monday. Nori would have to go through classes to be able to become a foster parent himself, but he's almost positive that his husband will be able to finish the classes before they bring up that they want to adopt Izuku to said child they wanted to adopt.

But it has been three days and he could get back the first few pages of actual journal entry his kid made in his first book. The first three pages were dedicated to "Kacchan's Super Amazing Quirk". Half of it was written in multiple colored pencils and more or less a letter about "the best soulmate in the world" and the quirk that had manifested in him. Shouta knew exactly who the entry was about and how the two had turned out. He wasn't sure if he could watch the decline in his son's mental and emotional standing let alone copy down all the injuries he'd glanced at when flipping through the newer books when he first found them.

It took him three days to find the determination to read and copy down all the relevant details his son wrote down. He'll save his own emotions for later. He needed focus on his son's right now.

He read in the first two books about what his kid thought his quirk could be, more budding analysis on Izzy's soulmate, a trip he'd taken with his father to Tokyo that sounded like it was mainly for business but through Izuku's point of view it was just a fun time he got to spend with his father. Shouta read through entries that were dated for nearly every single day starting from April 20th, which was when "Kacchan" had gotten his quirk, till July 15th.

The entries leading up to July 15th were excited and sometimes messy in how fast Izuku's thoughts were written down. His kid wrote down all the theories that he, his father and "Kacchan" had come up with on what his quirk could have been.

They ranged from Pyrokinesis as a mash up of his mother and father's quirks to a variations of what his grandparents quirks were. Which were telepathy from his mother's father, a scale quirk from his father's father and a flammable saliva quirk from his father's mother. From what he read, his kid was wanting to match with his beloved father and soulmate.