Blossoms

Today felt different. He didn't know what it was but he woke up feeling different today. Something was going to happen and he couldn't make heads or tails if it was a good something or not. He hoped it was. He'd had more than enough bad somethings going on. He got out of bed and got dressed and ready for school. He had to be quiet so he didn't wake up the rest of the house like he had the previous day on accident. In no time he was dressed with his backpack slung across his shoulder and made his way into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast.

With an apple, vitamin and extra iron filled breakfast bar and water bottle in hand he made his way to the front door for his shoes and quietly shut the front door behind him. He locked up before making his way towards school, munching on his breakfast as he went. It was such a nice morning with the cool breeze and cherry blossoms in full effect along the street heading towards his school just proved in his mind that it was going to be a good day.

Cherry Blossoms were his favorite flowers. He loved the way they smelled and their colors were stunning. He'd always felt that when he came across them they brought him luck for the rest of the day and he wondered what they would bring him today.

It didn't take him long to reach school or finish his breakfast or even make it to his classroom. He sat himself in his assigned seat and got out his notebook and textbook to finish up the last few problems he had to do of last night's math homework. He was so focused on getting his work done that he didn't realize that his classmate that was assigned to sit in front of him was watching him intently.

"You need to carry the four right there." The pale-ish finger directs him to the four he needed to carry over to successfully complete his last and hardest problem.

"Thanks, man. That one was killing me last night and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong for the life of me." He sags his shoulders and looks up to his friend with appreciation. He calls everyone his friend except for a select few but this one he actually does consider his closest friend in school. They never hang out but he actually talks to him so he considers that a win.

"Not a problem, Kiri." A wave of his hand was given but he wasn't having it.

"No, it was a problem and you helped me with it. Thank you." He gives his blonde friend a big smile just to show how thankful he is. He thought he heard him say something about "bright" but decided he was probably just hearing things. "So I probably already know you answer because I've asked this about a million times but you never know the answer this time till you ask it and since you helped me with this, would you like to come help me while I worked out and trained? I know, I know. We've got two different types of quirks but do we really? I mean you can just copy my quirk like the manliest man to ever man and train your quirk while I train mine! It'll be great! Please come train with me?" He plasters on what he thinks is his best puppy dog eyes he has and just hopes that the cherry blossoms will work their magic. He really wanted to be better friends with Monoma.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that, so you can stop with those big ole eyes." Kiri was confused. Did the puppy dog eyes actually work? Was it the cherry blossoms? "I was wondering if you'd like to come train with me instead? I'm going to go and meet my best friend this weekend to help him train. I think you two would get along and he needs more friends so what do you think?" Kiri sits there stunned. Was this actually happening? Almost five years of asking the same question every few days since he met the blonde with the same answer of 'no' every single time and now... "If you don't want to then-" the blonde was turning around to sit in his seat correctly and Kirishima panicked.

"NO!" He's shouting at the blonde and flying over his table to stop the boy from turning around any further. Monoma raises an eyebrow at the excited raven and Kirishima takes a second to look around the classroom and see everyone was staring at the two. "Sorry." He's sheepish in his apology but he can't seem to wipe the smile off of his face. "You mean it? You're really asking me to come train with you? What about your friend? Would they be okay with me tagging along?" No matter how excited Eijiro was, he'd never want to upset or make someone uncomfortable by just popping up where he wasn't invited. He wanted to make sure that Monoma's friend would be fine with him tagging along with Monoma before he agreed.