Worrisome

Shouta Aizawa-Yagi

"Wait, so you came in wanting to adopt Hitoshi? Then why did you look so upset when you walked in?" The blonde's question breaks the silence that had settled in the room once Hitoshi calmed all the way down. I could feel Kayama staring a hole of despair into the side of my head, silently asking if it would be okay to tell her two possible future sons about my own possible broken future son.

The answer was not right now. I want to give Izuzu the respect and choice to tell who he wants about whatever he wants. The only person he wasn't really given a choice on was Kayama and that's only because her car had popped a tire ten minutes from the house and she didn't have a spare. She just sent Nori and I a text message about crashing at the house to deal with her car in the morning and posted up on the couch to leave Izuku the guest bed.

With everything that had went on through the night and morning neither he or his husband paid much attention to their phones and didn't know about the pro sleeping on the couch till we all walked through the front door at 5:48am to breakfast being made.

Pro Hero and Sensei Midnight had a shift at U.A. to go to and then a short patrol right after since it was a Monday, which was the routine for majority of the pro hero faculty that was still active and the only person the timeline didn't apply to was underground hero Eraser Head. They had many mornings where either they were making extra portions or had food being served to them in gratitude. The scene they walked in on was anything but abnormal.

What wasn't normal was that they walked in through the front door with a broken child in his arms at half past five am.

Yeah, that was a new one that he hopes to never have to repeat but somewhere deep inside he just knew that he'd be doing this again in the future.

Short story even shorter, Kayama flipped her shit, asked for names, tried to call off of work, and then entered a stage of "Mama Mode" they hadn't seen since the first few months after she took in Dabi. Izuzu was asleep when they walked in so he didn't know that someone else knew till Kaya fussed around with him enough to wake him up, just before they both left for work.

Nori told him that Izuzu's little friend had come by to spend the day with him a half hour after he and Kaya left for work. He hated leaving the small boy at home to follow through with his shift at U.A. but he knew Nori would be keeping a close eye on him and turn into a mother hen the second he'd left the house.

He knew this but that knowledge didn't keep him from having his mind go through the number scenarios where his students both did and didn't notice that he actually left and wasn't just sleeping under his desk while they worked and talked once he actually did get to work. There were only six people left in his class, having expelled the other 14 throughout the year. It was one of his largest classes to date and he was proud of this bunch. Which was why he'd stayed.

He had known that Kaya was going to show up at his dojo by the end of her shift, he did drive her both to U.A. and her agency ten minutes away, but he didn't know that she'd be getting off earlier or that the kid she was looking to adopt was one of his kids.

"That has to do with me. Don't worry, it doesn't affect her in any other way other than her maternal instincts." He knows his humor isn't for everyone but he tries okay.

"If you two weren't already taking him in, I'd be placing three forms in tomorrow." Kaya gives him a smirk and he just huffs.

"You've still got to convince these two to join you and your band of merry misfits." He reminds her and turns the attention back on the two boys that were having a half whispered, half silent conversation with each other.