Old Memories: Part 1

Eren's POV

3 Years and 5 Months Ago...

Waking up this morning I felt oddly different. I felt...happy. No, that's not the word I'd want to use as it can't describe the joy that I'm feeling right now.

When I open my eyes, I see silver ones looking back and instantly know who's they are. A bright smile comes across my face when yesterday's events start replaying in my mind.

Levi's hand comes up to caress my cheek while a smile also appears on his face. It takes a lot to get Levi to smile so I know that he truly is very happy at the moment.

He leans forward to close the distance between us and plants a kiss on my lips. I reach my hand up behind Levi's head to deepen the kiss. When we pull apart all I see is love in my husband's eyes.

"Good morning, amour," 

"Good morning, Levi,"

"Yesterday was probably one of the best days of my life,"

"Same,"

I then hear a little cry behind me and I turn around to see a light grey bassinet. 

Without a second thought, I sit up, wincing a little at the slight soreness in my private area, and lean over to look inside the basket.

I couldn't help the tears that started rolling down my cheeks at the sight in front of me. 

My daughter is just laying there with her eyes wide open and staring up at the ceiling while letting out little cooes.

She's dressed in a pink onesie with flowers on them and has a white bow on her head. The whole outfit makes her look so adorable and precious.

I reach in the bassinet and pick her up gently so I don't hurt her. She whines a little bit but quiets down once she's settled in my arms.

I shuffle up the bed so that I'm leaning up against the headboard and Levi moves to sit by my side and lightly places a hand on Nadia's head.

"She's so beautiful, Levi. I can't believe she actually here, that she's real,"

"I know, amour, she looks just like you,"

"Except for the hair, that's all you,"

"Yeah, I'm glad she got something from me, but I would've been more than happy if she looked exactly like you,"

"Well, I wanted her to look like you but I'll settle for both of us,"

"You know I was hoping that she would get your eyes and she did, you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, Eren,"

"They're not that amazing,"

"Eren, your eyes were the first thing that I noticed about you. Even from ten feet away they still caught my eye and to this day they're still drawing me in. Now our daughter has those eyes and she'll be attracting the boys like crazy with just one look,"

"I guess you're right, her eyes are pretty beautiful,"

We just stared at Nadia for who knows how long until she started crying for something I didn't know she wanted.

"Levi, why is she crying?"

"She's probably hungry, Hanji fed her formula a little after you fell asleep but now you get to feed her,"

"How do I do that?"

"Like how any woman would. With your milk,"

"What!? I don't have milk. Where's the formula?"