Celebrations

I wake up to the feeling of kisses being placed all over my cheek. When I open my eyes, I see Levi with a smile on his face and a glint in his eye.

"Good morning, sleepyhead, how are you feeling today?" Levi asks me.

"Good, thanks to the nice wake-up call, I'm great,"

"I'm glad you're feeling ok,"

"Hmmm, you know what today is?" he pretends to think about it for a second even though he knows full well what today is.

"No, what is today, Eren, whatever could be so special about today?" he says sarcastically.

"I'll give you a hint, it has to do with me,"

"Wow, this is a tough one, I have no idea what today is," I narrow my eyes at him, knowing what game he's trying to play as I can feel his hand slowly sliding up my leg.

"Come on, Levi you know it,"

"I have no clue what today is, mind telling me?" he says with a smirk on his face.

"Are you sure because-" I was cut off by Levi kissing me again, his hand reached behind my head to deepen the kiss, and it was like our lips molded together the longer they were connected.

When we pulled away, he just stared into my eyes and it was like time stood still, all I could see was his silver eyes with a hint of blue in them.

"I love you, amour, Happy Birthday,"

"Love you too, Levi,"

"Let's go see if Nadia is awake and have breakfast, I'm sure you're hungry,"

"Well, you're right about that, haha,"

I went to go sit up and get out of bed but Levi stopped me.

"Levi, what are y-" he put a finger over my mouth, silencing me.

"Today is your birthday, I will bring you breakfast in bed so don't move a muscle, amour," he left before I could say anything else.

I'm surprised that he would let me eat food in the bed. The clean-freak that he is, he must be freaking out in his head but is ignoring his urges just because it's my birthday. 

It's only my twenty-sixth birthday, there's nothing special about that so I don't know why he's making such a big deal out of it.

Yeah, I'm kind of happy that today is my birthday, but I don't think it's something worth celebrating.

I bet Levi has something over-the-top planned which I told him a month ago that I didn't want to do anything special, just a small celebration with him, Nadia, and maybe Mikasa and Armin.

In fact, I told all of my friends that I didn't want to do much of anything for my birthday but they never listen. 

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they like doing it but I just think it's unnecessary.

One year, surprisingly, Jean took me out drinking, and like always when we drink together it always turns into a competition of some sort then Mikasa and Marco have to drag our drunk asses home.

Unfortunately, this year, I'm going to have to skip on the alcohol because I'm pregnant. Although carrying two babies inside me does have its perks like I can boss Levi around more.

I smile and let out a small giggle at the thought of bossing Levi around all day because it's my birthday and also because I'm pregnant.

"What's so funny, amour?" I jump a little as I hear Levi's voice by the door.