Of Angels and Demons

I run around the house looking. I search behind the couch, under the table, but there's one place that I haven't looked at yet.

"Where are you?" I sing.

I head to my room and slowly approach the long curtains by the window. 

The sight of two tiny feet makes me chuckle and I move the curtain to reveal what, or who for that matter, is hidden behind it.

"Boo! I got ya," I yell as I grab a giggling Nadia and lift her into my arms. I tickle her belly making her burst into fits of laughter then put her down.

She runs off down the hallway, probably looking for another place to hide.

We've been playing hide 'n seek for the past hour and she still won't give up. She's one energetic three-year-old. Right now, I just wish Levi would get home faster so I can take a nap. 

Once again, I go looking around the large house to find the sneaky little child. 

A year after Levi and I got married, we moved into my old house because Levi wanted to see the place where I grew up and he wanted Nadia to grow up in the same place I did. 

The place is also big enough so if we decided to have more kids, then there would be a lot of room and we wouldn't have to move to a bigger house.

Of course, I locked some doors so Nadia just couldn't go wandering anywhere in the house, like most of the unused bedrooms, the door to the basement, offices, and library. 

The second she started walking, all she wanted to do was explore so Levi and I made sure that she could, but didn't get lost in the house and hurt herself.

Looking around for a few more minutes, I find her hiding in the kitchen cupboards, where she always hides. It's her signature hiding spot.

I pick her up and carry her on my hip.

"Ok, now it's time for your nap, Angel," I tell her.

"Noooo, I don't want to,"

"Yes, you have to because I need a nap, you wore me out," Before she could protest anymore, she let out a long yawn which made me yawn. "See, nap time,"

"Fine," she says with a pout.

I walk upstairs to her room to get her changed into her princess pajamas then into bed.

Once I get to her door, she already fell asleep in my arms. 

I place a small kiss on her forehead and gently lay her down in her bed then pull the covers over her. I get to the door but before I leave, I look back at her sleeping form and smile. 

Turning off the light, I close the door and make my way to my room to take a nice long bath then have a nice long nap as I have been very tired lately.

As I'm walking to my room, I hear my phone buzzing from my pocket and I take it out to see who's texting me.

It was from Levi.

-Hey, just wanted to let you know that I'll be home soon, love you, see you soon.

I smile as I see the little heart emoji he put at the end.

When I finally get to my room, I quickly strip and head towards the bathroom. 

As I pass the mirror, I notice that my stomach has a slight bulge to it. 

'Maybe I'm gaining weight. I don't know how with all the running I do every day' I thought to myself.

I turn on the tub and fill it with hot, but not too hot water, and add in some eucalyptus and mint scents to help with the nausea I've been having the past few days.