Lords a-Leaping

(1/4/20)reminder that the 12 days of Christmas multishots are all intended to be platonic

"Scar, one day, this is going to kill you." Cub looked wide-eyed at his wizard/cowboy/ex-vex/mayor friend.

Scar just looked back, beaming, "But at least I'll die surrounded by Christmas cheer!" His eyes sparkled with pure joy. Despite being against Scar working himself so hard, Cub was glad that Scar was at least as happy as he could be.

There wasn't a block that didn't have a Christmas decoration, which said a lot, considering the place they were currently occupying was Scar's magic village. The crystals had even lost their summary lime green and blue glow in favor of holly red and fir green.

The ground was covered in just the perfect amount of snow, perfectly terraformed of course, what did you expect? It's Scar. Garland draped across the buildings' walkways, with red ribbon bows at every part tied to a post. Christmas lights were strung throughout every tree, and each was lined up accordingly so that the lights were perfectly spread out while still holding a randomly placed look. The small mushrooms had even been replaced with candy canes. Even little white mistletoe was hung in the doorways above all of the married villager's homes because mistletoe is not red; red berries are actually holly, and Scar will make sure everyone knows it.

It was a sight that simultaneously made you cry of joy and burned your eyes out at the same time, which was a rare feat to accomplish, although it was done regularly by Scar.

"Enough of that, let's go already! We're losing daylight here!" Scar grabbed Cub's wrist and dragged him to one of the larger uninhabited buildings, which had been designated the unofficial-official Hermit Movienight room.

"Scar, it's seven in the morning, what daylight?"

It had a bottom level and a raked* loft; both levels were floored with cushions and pillows, with a solid surface for drinks placed every few feet. There was a large theater-style screen against one wall, with a good-quality movie projector attached to the ceiling. The walls were lined with all of the bean bags, pillows, and blankets one could ask for.

The two levels combined had enough room to accommodate all twenty-four hermits, with room for others if they wanted to join, such as Zloy and Pixl, or any of the 'evil' siblings(the 'evil' part was a running joke among all of them).

Even a snack bar was accessible from both levels as well, which was magically kept stocked whenever movies played.

Cub looked around the room in awe, "Every time I come here; it's like cozy was an emotion."

Scar glanced at Cub quizzically, "But cozy is an emotion...? Nevermind, let's get this movie marathon started!"

The duo climbed to the second level, pillows, and blankets in hand. Scar snapped(for dramatic effect), and the first movie began playing, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Before getting settled, Scar made his way to the snack bar, "Do you want anything? They've got Christmas specials."

Cub thought for a moment, "Do they have cocoa?"

Scar looked at the menu before shaking his head, "No, but they have hot chocolate."

Tilting his head, Cub turned to Scar, "Isn't that the same thing?"

Scar gasped, putting a hand to his chest in mock offense, "How could you say such a thing? Hot Chocolate is creamier than cocoa, but cocoa is more chocolate-y and can be made with milk or water, hence why it tends to be less creamy. Clearly a huge difference, mind you!"

Cub raised his hands in surrender, chuckling, "Okay! I get it! Could I have some hot chocolate then?"

Instantly, Scar did a 180, smiling, "Of course! Coming right up!" He picked up his own hot chocolate(with a mountain of whipped cream, of course) and picked up a cup for Cub as well. Somehow, despite being the clutz he is, he managed to balance that along with a plate of various Christmas sweets, like candy canes and cookies.