Minecraft Champions(5)

2/13/21

tw: implied death(it's not that bad though, this is a pretty chill chapter)

_____

"What the heck do you think happened to HBomb and RTGame?" Ren asked, head resting on his head.

False shrugged, "Well, I hope it's exactly what the chat says happens; they got out."

Cub turned to the blonde, "You hope? As opposed to what?" He inquired, messing with his massive necklace.

False didn't have to answer for everyone to know what other option she was implying. Whatever had trapped them in the game, if it even was alive, was a mystery, but one thing was certain, it had no sympathy for them.

Other than the short instances where it would be brought up, most people had silently agreed that the incident with whatever had happened to HBomb and RTGame wasn't to be spoken of. They didn't want to assume something that was incorrect, but they also didn't want to assume something that did end up being correct...

Before long, the crew that now had thirty-eight was teleported into the Decision Dome once more. The peppy music wildly contrasting the concerned and somber mood. With minimum conversation, the votes were cast. There wasn't a single vote for another violent game, and it was a nearly unanimous vote for Big Sales at Big Mart, apart from those particularly annoying chickens who decided that 'screw everything, violence rules.'

The mood started to lift slightly as everyone found themselves in the team-exclusive rooms, with structures in the back and blank spaces in the front.

False studied her palate, a wood structure with glazed terracotta. "This can't be so bad. This game will be a breeze!" she declared happily.

Iskall flipped his gaze to False in a split second, "False, I swear to god if you jinx us." He warned, subtle laughter hidden in his tone.

False dismissed his statement with a wave, "Yeah, yeah, we'll be fine. I'll make sure to walk under my fair share of ladders while I'm out, kay?" With a faux salute, she backed into the swirling purple portal. She felt the odd dizziness that came as a side effect before finding herself standing on the floor at the entrance of a massive mall. A miniature shopping cart appeared in her hand, and she put it on the ground experimentally, and it grew into a strange vehicle that looked like the child of a paddleboat and chickenwire.

Sighing with relief as she spotted a map, False carefully climbed into her 'shopping cart' before speeding off towards the wood section. This was going to be interesting.

_____

About thirty minutes in, as this event seemed to be excruciatingly long in comparison, the Green Guardians had gotten down a system. They had discovered that they couldn't hear any opponents speaking and that there was a small walkie-talkie like device that they could attach over their ear to talk to each other.

They took advantage of this feature and broke off into two teams. The building crew and the gathering crew. False and Iskall were in the gathering crew, False because of her speed, and Iskall because of his cyber kinetic eye. False stuck to the shops on the left and Iskall to the right, while they both would grab any colors from the back if need be.

The group of four had unanimously agreed that Ren would be a builder due to his new transformation giving him slight colorblindness, having the vision of a wolf and all. It didn't need to be said that Ren was pretty bummed about this realization but trudged through it anyway.

False zoned back in just in time to hear Iskall make an indescribable noise in the earpiece, "Hgsdge-" He exclaimed, somehow making the exact noise of a keyboard smash.