forty-three

"make sure to keep your hands to yourselves!"

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

mike, dustin, will, and i walk along the sidewalk of an abandoned school, my feet waltzing across the curb as mike's presence lingers behind me, most likely making sure i don't fall.

however, that assumption is quickly proven false when i feel mike's hands on my waist, abruptly pulling me off the curb and sending me stumbling into his body. i stifle a surprised yelp by pursing my lips and i look up at my boyfriend, raising my eyebrows.

mike chuckles into my hair, gently pressing a kiss to my temple as his gaze moves to the two boys in front of us, both of them lost in conversation.

"when can we ditch them?" mike murmurs, his lips brushing against my ear as he shifts his arm to sling it across my shoulders.

i release a content sigh, savoring the feeling of being tightly held by him. "why would we ditch them?" i inquire, tilting my head upwards to look at mike, my fingers trailing along his sleeve.

mike returns my stare, his free hand cupping my cheek for a moment before it travels to tuck a stray lock of hair behind my ear.

"we could do something a little more exciting than having my friends intrude on our date." mike offers, a smile twitching his lips as he watches me roll my eyes.

"how exciting?" i question, the corners of my eyes crinkling as i involuntarily mirror mike's smile.

mike's fingers move in response, trailing down the sides of my torso and coming to a rest on the curve of my waist, daring to go lower. with a quick glance to dustin and will, making sure that they wouldn't be turning around anytime soon, mike's lips drop to skim the edge of my ear, a teasing grin sweeping across them as he does so.

"mike..." i say in a hushed voice, attempting to turn my head to look at the boy behind me, but mike's hand stops the movement, his mouth beginning to paint a trail down the exposed skin of my neck.

an amused laugh leaves my lips in an exhale, my body unable to resist the urge to tilt into him, to which mike responds by deepening his kisses, his mouth moving to pepper the skin of my collarbone.

"h-hey, guys!" i say abruptly, pushing mike off of me, and attempting to wipe the lingering grin off of my face as dustin and will's feet come to a halt and they turn to face me. "i'm actually really tired, jet lag, you know? i think i might just go to mike's and take a nap."

"oh, ok, sure!" dustin replies, giving me an understanding nod.

"it was really nice to meet you!" will adds on, waving to me as mike pulls me off of the sidewalk and turns us away from the two boys.

"jet lag?" mike asks in amusement once we're out of earshot, and i swivel my head to grin up at him. "we're basically in the same time zone, dumbass."

"do you want to make out with me or not?" i inquire, arching an eyebrow at mike as my arms move to wrap around him.

"oh, i love you." mike whispers to me as we half-walk, half-run to his car.

————

our lips are already glued together and moving in sync by the time the both of us stumble through mike's front door, my hands clutching the sides of his face and mike's arms slung around my waist.

unfortunately, a cough disrupts our moment, forcing us to pull apart to discern who is with us. my eyes land on a middle-aged man, sitting at the dining table with a cup of coffee raised to his lips and a newspaper spread out before him, his eyes fixed on mike in bewilderment.

"oh, dad!" mike says in shock, quickly swiveling my body around to move me into a more suitable position, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "i, um, i didn't think anyone was home."

"i'm sure you did," his dad replies, moving his glasses down from his forehead so he can scrutinize the two of us. "i'm working from home today. i thought it would be a good opportunity for me to meet el."

i immediately pull a smile onto my face, the charming smile i always use when trying to make a good first impression on adults. of course, maybe the first impression in this situation is already really shitty, considering mr. wheeler first saw me while i was engaging in a heated makeout sesh with his son.

"hi!" i step forward slightly, awkwardly giving mike's dad a small wave. "i'm el hopper. um, from texas. mike's girlfriend."

"yes, i can tell." mr. wheeler says with a small laugh, raising up from his seat and walking towards us, his coffee still in hand. as soon as he is near us, he extends a hand out to me, which i gladly take, shaking it politely as a wave of relief floods through me.

today would have been a really sucky day if i managed to make mike's dad hate me within two seconds of meeting him.

"ok, go upstairs, both of you." mr. wheeler says,  surveying his son's impatient demeanor. "i know you're dying to."

"thank you." mike blurts out, grabbing onto my hand and quickly pulling me across the living room and towards the staircase. i manage to turn my head just before mike's dad disappears from view.

"nice to meet you, mr. wheeler!" i call out between laughs, stumbling up the stairs with mike.

"make sure to keep your hands to yourself!" mr. wheeler calls out, his remark mostly directed to his son.

"totally." mike whispers as we reach his bedroom door, his hands dropping back down to my waist as he pulls my mouth to his and we resume our heated lip lock.

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

HEY HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS!

i was expecting this to be way longer but then i decided to binge all of grand army at once and there's only so many hours in a day😩
anyway, expect next chapter to have a lot of kissing :)

— rose