forty

"i missed you."

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

max my literal baby/soulmate/loml💞

EL
ARE U THERE
TELL ME UR THERE.

IM WANDERING AROUND THE AIRPORT
OH YM GODNDNCJDIWNAN
OH MY GOD
HES PROBABLY SO CLOSE
I NEED TO FUCKING FIND HIM

OK GO FIND HIM
JUST LOOK FOR A REALLY REALLY TALL LANKY GUY WITH A MOP FOR HAIR

DO U THINK I DONT KNOW WHAT MY OWN BOYFRIEND LOOKS LIKE?????

I THINK UR REALLY DUMB SOMETIMES AND THAT UR PROBABLY GONNA END UP KISSING A RANDOM 70 YEAR OLD MAN THINKING ITS MIKE

ARE U CALLING MY BOYFRIEND A 70 YEAR OLD MAN
MY VERY HOT BF.

UGH SHUT UP
LITERALKY GO JUMP ON HIM AND KISS HIM.

IF I COULD LITERALLY FIND HIM.
UR DISTRACTING ME

FINE IM LEAVING😩
BUT I BETTER GET AN UPDATE DIRECTLY AFTER YALLS SAPPY REUNION.

*52 second audio message*

————

"oh my god. max! i think i see him." i hold my phone up to my lips, trying to lower my delighted voice into a whisper. "max, holy fuck. i think it's him. i see a dude's back, and it really looks like him. shit, why am i so nervous!! this is probably what mike felt like when he was standing in front of my house. oh my god, ok! i'm gonna go and see if it's actually him, i'll text you later!"

in a quick motion, i end the audio message and send it to max, my eyes still trained on a single figure. a very tall and lanky figure with a head of tousled curls and untied shoelaces that i know he's going to trip on any second.

my feet start moving on their own accord, rapidly carrying me across the tile flooring of the crowded airport as i drag a suitcase behind me, wanting desperately to abandon the luggage and just start running forward.

i squint my gaze in confusion, struggling to figure out if the person i'm following is actually mike, and not some 70 year old man that i'm about to jump, like max said. just when i'm about to give up and shout out mike's name, the figure turns around and their eyes meet my own as if they knew i had been there all along.

i stare at the boy standing on the other side of the airport, my mind choosing to abandon all thoughts of walking at a normal pace like a civilized person.
it feels like a tether pulling on my body, a hopeless need to clear the distance between the two of us, as if we haven't seen each other for years, instead of just weeks. i feel myself entering a dazed trance, my fingers leaving the handle of my suitcase and my palms itching to plant themselves on the sides of his face and pull him down to me.

it's more like a subconscious sensation. me weaving through the dozens of bodies surrounding me, not caring for the people i jostle or irritate. at this moment, i can't find any other desire within myself other than to jump into mike's arms and submerge his presence into mine.
he moves towards me as well, his face splattered with the familiar sprinkling of freckles and the goofy smile curving his lips that just about makes my heart melt.

the journey to him feels like excruciatingly long hours, even though it's no more than a few seconds, and the moment i jump into his arms is when my body finally allows itself to release a choked exhale of relief.

"el." mike murmurs, his lips brushing the edge of my ear as i cling onto him. i am aware of how bothersome we must seem to the passerbyers circulating around our stagnant bodies, but i can't find it in myself to even give them a second thought, my mind fully occupied by one thing and one thing only.

i relish in the sensation of his slender fingers weaving themselves in my locks, the sound of his content sigh as he buries his face into the crook of my neck, his touch as he wraps his free arm around my body to securely hold me to him.

there was a moment in the past week where i didn't know if i would ever be able to do this again. to hold him and have him hold me with every last ounce of my anxiety alleviated by just the feeling of him.

i slowly loosen the grip of my legs around mike's waist, and allow his hands to guide me back down into a standing position. i pull his forehead to mine, my fingers absentmindedly running across his cheeks, his temples, his shoulders. he does the same to me, his touch comfortingly traveling upward to have his palms cup my face.

"i missed you." i whisper, my hands finding his and our fingers intertwining like it's second-nature, because it is. "god, i missed you so much."

mike swiftly connects our lips, a squeak leaving mine as i naturally surge into him. his fingers move to rest on the curve of my waist, his thumb tracing circles against my clothed skin as a muffled giggle erupts out of my mouth. i feel the edges of my eyes crinkling in delight as mike gives me one lingering kiss and then moves his lips to my forehead, releasing that familiar laugh that i want to imprint into my mind.

"where's your suitcase?" he mumbles against the skin of my temple, and even though i'm not looking at him, i can sense an amused grin lifting the corners of his lips.

i immediately pull away, whirling around to face the bustling airport, not knowing where i abandoned my suitcase in the crowds surrounding us.
"shit!"

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

HEY HEY HEY
here is a cute chapter! i hope u enjoyed<3

if u haven't seen my update, i'm gonna go on winter break next week so expect a lot of chapters very soon :)

— rose