twenty-eight

"how she became my world in mere weeks and how her smile makes me want to smile too."

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

MIKE'S POV

"so was it a good birthday?" i ask quietly, my eyes directed on hers, watching as the moonlight reflects in her honey-colored orbs. we stand before el's front door, facing each other and despite the late hour, neither of us want to part ways and let the other out of our sight.

my hands hold hers loosely, el absentmindedly swinging them as she arches an eyebrow at me.

"are you kidding?" she breathes out, shaking her head in disbelief, smiling softly as she speaks. "i got to dance and kiss my crush, all while listening to harry styles! i don't think a birthday can get any better than that."

el bites the inside of her cheek as she looks up at me, and i can't help but revisit the memory of our unforgettable kiss, replaying the moment over and over in my mind and relishing in the exhilaration it brings me.

how she clutched onto the collar of my shirt as her body curved into mine. how she buried her fingers into my hair and smiled into the kiss, sending a wave of bliss through me. how she managed to make me feel like i'm the luckiest guy in the world for just getting the chance to kiss her and hold her like she's mine.

everything about her is beautiful. the way she carries herself, the way she looks at the things around her and absorbs all their beauty, not missing a single detail. the way her hair curls at the ends and the dimples that reveal themselves when her lips form a smile. the way she looks at me like i'm the only thing worth looking at, her gaze flicking across my features as if she's trying to memorize every aspect of my face. how she gets embarrassed when she catches me staring at her, and a blush creeps up her neck, sending a rosy glow into her cheeks.

she's ethereal.

el snaps me back into reality by going up onto her tiptoes and bopping my nose with hers, a playful grin on her face as she tugs my hands.

"helloooo." she says in a sing-songy voice, stepping forward slightly, resulting in our faces becoming dangerously close.

i can't help but flick my gaze to her lips, realizing how badly i want to close the distance between us and pull her body flush against mine, reliving the euphoric moment we had just an hour ago in the diner.

i force my eyes closed, exhaling softly as i lean my forehead onto hers, bringing our hands up to hold them to my chest, our fingers still intertwined tightly.

"i'm happy you enjoyed today." i whisper, gently releasing one of her hands to bring mine up to her cheek, finding her face in the darkness. i lightly stroke her cheek with my thumb, smiling as she brings her hand up as well to cover mine.

"mhm." she mumbles softly, releasing a content sigh as we lapse into a comfortable silence, just holding each other and not wanting to do anything else.

"mike?" el whispers after a moment, squeezing my hand softly as she pulls back the slightest bit, just enough to be able to look into my eyes.

i flutter my eyelids open to return her gaze. "yeah?"

"you said you're gonna be here for the weekend." el says slowly, looping her arms around my neck as she looks up at me. "where are you staying?"