thirty-two

"i'm going to miss you so fucking much."

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

EL'S POV

we stand together in the middle of the airport, my arms strung around mike's waist and my forehead resting against his shoulder. my chest heaves slightly as a series of labored breaths escape my pursed lips. i attempt to search my mind for words that could describe what i'm currently feeling, but i come up with nothing.

because what i'm currently feeling will be a hell of a lot harder to deal with when mike's on a plane back to indiana. when mike's going back home and i'm stuck here with the parents who i can't even look at without dying inside.

mike hasn't left yet, his plane boards in an hour and we stand hand-in-hand before the security check-in, knowing that we should probably let go of each other sometime soon.

but as i feel mike's gentle touch, one of his hands softly rubbing my back and the other stroking my hair, i know that letting go of him will probably be one of the hardest things i'll ever have to do.
it's as if something clicked during the two days we spent together, a puzzle piece falling into place, and my life just felt so right. even as the thought of my parents haunted me at every moment, the second mike reached for my trembling hand, or whispered reassuring words into my ear, i found it in myself to push away all my worries and just focus on him.

him.
his presence, his touch, the way he makes me feel like the most special girl on the planet.
the way i'm so utterly, completely, and wholeheartedly addicted to this boy.

oh, god. i think, an amused smile curving my lips. what am i gonna do when he leaves?

"so i've been thinking," mike speaks, breaking our comfortable silence. his fingers move from the back to my head to my chin, tilting my head up slightly so that our gazes meet. "who's gonna be the first one to text?"

a furrow forms between my eyebrows as i stare up at the boy, confusion imprinted on my features. "huh?"

mike grins crookedly, his thumb brushing my chin in a comforting gesture. "someone's gotta text first when i leave, right? who's it gonna be?"

a scoff leaves my lips. i release mike's waist to loop my arms around his neck, pulling his face down slightly as i do so. i press his forehead against mine, my eyes gleaming in amusement. "i bet i can hold out longer than you can."

mike shakes his head slightly, biting his lower lip to contain a wide smile. "you won't last an hour."

i feign an offended gasp, pulling away slightly so i can narrow my eyes at mike, mirroring his cheeky grin. "you think i can't last an hour without texting you?"

"yup." mike says, arching his eyebrows at me. "i'm too irresistible."

my mouth forms an "o" and i widen my eyes at the lanky boy before me. "hmph, you wish you were irresistible. i bet you won't last a half hour before you text me and beg for my attention."

"i will not beg for your attention." mike counters with a soft laugh. "i'll just ask nicely."

i raise my eyebrows at mike, nodding slightly as i continue to grin, not being able to wash the happiness off of my face.