twenty-five

"he stares at me as if i'm the most beautiful thing on earth."

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"EL!" max screams, her voice echoing through my house until it reaches my ears. i groan and turn over in my bed, shoving a pillow over my ears in an attempt to muffle max's relentless screams, not wanting her to disrupt my sleep.

of course, max only took my lack of a reply as an invitation to run up my staircase and barge into my room, all in a matter of seconds.

"EL!" she screams again, her voice even louder this time. i slowly take the pillow off of my face and squint at the lively redhead beside my bed.

"hi." i mumble, letting my eyes flutter closed again and pulling the blanket over my face, snuggling back into my bed.

"what do you mean, HI?!" max shrieks, grasping onto the blanket and pulling it off of my body in one swift motion, forcing me look at her.

in defeat, i crack open one eye, staring at max's appalled expression. "what?" i grumble, annoyed at my best friend for being so adamant about me waking up.

max widens her eyes so much i half expect them to pop out of her skull altogether. "you dumbass! it's your birthday!" she raises her eyebrows and reaches her hand out to flick my forehead.

i wince, and bury my face into my pillow, groaning. "i know... now can you leave me alone?" i mumble, my voice muffled.

max lets out an inhumane sound, something between a scream and a sob, throwing her head back in frustration. after a moment, she finally looks at me again, and a sly smile stretches across her freckly face.

oh no.

max quickly climbs onto my bed, now towering over me with a huge grin curving her lips.

and she's wearing her shoes...

"MAX!" i shriek, flying into a sitting position and staring up at her, my mouth agape. "GET YOUR DIRTY SHOES OFF OF MY BED!"

max only smiles widely, taunting me with her smirk. "no." she replies simply, shrugging lazily. "not until you get your ass up."

i narrow my eyes at the ginger, slowly getting pissed off at her, and in one swift motion i spring upwards and tackle her, shoving her off of the bed and sending me toppling down with her.

we land hard on the carpeted ground, our limbs tangled together as max struggles to push my body off of hers, spewing uncontrollable laughter. i sit up on top of max and raise my eyebrows as i capture her flailing arms in my hands.

"apologize!" i say playfully, trapping max's hands against the floor.

"you know this is kind of a sexual position." max says with a smirk, ceasing her laughter. "are you imagining that i'm mike or something?"

my jaw flies open and i tackle max once more, leading to a chorus of painful grunts and both of us tumbling over.

"apologize!" i say again, landing on top of max again, waiting for an apology for max getting my sheets dirty.