twelve

WARNING

this book deals with themes such as mature content, anxiety, drug usage, depression, and strong language.

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"fuuuuck these shoes." i grumble, my words slurring together due to my extremely drunk state. i yank off my extremely tight, heeled shoes and throw them into the grass as i stumble down the steps of the frat house i wound up at tonight.

i immediately regret tossing away my shoes, knowing that they probably did cost a lot, and through my hazy vision, i squint out at the grass, trying to see their glint amongst the darkness of the night.

after a moment, i give up, sighing dramatically, and i turn around to plop myself onto the steps leading up to the house, resting my chin on my hand as i reconsider texting mike again. he had told me that he asked his sister, nancy, to pick me up, and the conversation was redirected, but i wanted to keep talking to him.

god that boy. why do i always want to talk to him so bad?

i get immersed in my thoughts, visioning mike in my drunken, hazy, mind and a slow smile stretches across my face. i think about one of our last text conversations from a few days ago and i can't help but snort out a laugh, quickly pressing a hand to my mouth as i remember a funny joke he had made.

honestly i didn't think it was that funny when i was sober, but sober el is a a fucking bore and a half.

my laugh catches the attention of a group of college boys standing near me, two of them leaning against the porch railing and the others clutching onto each other as they laugh, drunk out of their minds. they were the boys that i almost got a ride home with before mike came to my rescue, and now they won't seem to leave me alone.

"heyyy! princess!" one of them calls out to me, letting go of his friend to stumble towards me, a mischievous, crooked grin on his face. if you'd have asked me a few weeks ago, i would've said he was hot, but now i can't seem to think of him as anything other than creepy.

i turn my head to him in response, frowning as he holds out a can of beer to me. i raise an eyebrow at it and direct my gaze back to him, sighing.

"i.. i have a boyfriend..." i say slowly, my mind hazy from all the cups of vodka i downed, but i still manage to make my voice dry as i bring my lips into a tight smile.

his face falls slightly, and he looks at his friends, shrugging at them. the boys shake their heads and wave him along, pointing at me.

i groan, letting my face fall into my hands. i know that i'm smearing my makeup and the eyeliner i spent more time than usual on, but i've had to deal with annoying guys coming up to me every night for as long as i can remember, and after a while, it gets old.

i tap my bare foot against the cement impatiently, waiting for a car to pull into the driveway, hoping that mike's sister would arrive soon, saving me from this situation.

"who're you waiting on?" the guy says, taking a seat next to me on the steps, shifting more closer to me than i would have liked him to be.

i throw him a dirty look, and slide over an inch, not wanting my skin to be touching his. "my boyfriend, i told youuu." i say half-heartedly, trying to sound intimidating but my words slur together.