twenty-nine

"it feels so unreal, knowing that the boy i spent weeks obsessing over is now here, holding me as if i'm the only thing that matters to him."

✧ ゚・:*✧ ゚:*゚   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

EL'S POV

i feel my phone vibrate from under my arm, and to my dismay, it brings me out of my half-asleep state, and causes an exasperated groan to escape my lips. with a sigh, i crack my eyes open the slightest bit and turn over the device, squinting at the texts flooding my notifications.

————

max my literal baby/soulmate/loml💞

EL
HOW'D IT GO WITH MIKE
EL HOPPER!!
ANSWER! YOU WHORE
TELL ME EVERYTHING
EVERY LAST DETAIL
OMG DID YALL HOLD HANDS
BRO DID YALL KISS
OMG OMG OMG
DID YALL FUCK
ELLLLLLLLLLLL
IM DYING TO KNOW
BITCH ANSWER UR FUCKING PHONE

fuck off

————

i grumble and shove the phone under my pillow, slightly annoyed at max for interrupting my blissful sleep. once i no longer hear the vibrations from the notifications, i let my eyelids flutter closed, shifting on the bed so i can relax into the person behind me and relish in the warmth radiating off of his body. out of habit, my hand goes back to his, and i intertwine our fingers as i release a content sigh.

i don't get a moment of rest before my eyes fly back open, a realization hitting me.
mike's here.
mike's in my bed.
we kissed.
we kissed twice.

my eyes widen further and further as every memory from the previous night floods into my tired mind. i let out a long breath as i remember the way we held each other, the way mike kissed me, the way his presence was enough to fill my body with happiness, a smile never leaving my lips for the whole night.

and now he's sleeping beside me.

i smile, burying my face into my pillow as i realize that mike's arm is draped around my body, hooking around my stomach to hold us flush together. i feel his nose brushing the back of my neck as he leans into me, his breaths hitting my skin softly.

it feels so unreal, knowing that the boy i spent weeks obsessing over is now here, holding me as if i'm the only thing that matters to him.

i bite my lower lip as a wide grin takes over my face, every bit of myself wanting to turn around and pull our lips together again, yearning for that thrilling sensation i already felt twice before. after a moment of debating the idea in my mind, i finally oblige and allow my body to shift on the bed, slowly turning myself to face mike.

once i get situated, my eyes fly to his face and my breath catches in my throat when i see him in all his morning glory. i gaze at him with widened eyes, my eyebrows raising slightly and my lips parting in surprise as i soak in the perfection of his face.

i can't help but bring myself closer, taking in every aspect of mike's face and observing how the sunlight hits his features so perfectly, illuminating his beauty even further.

my eyes move to his hair, admiring their messy state, and how they're even more tousled than usual, which only makes him more adorable in my eyes. i observe how his eyelashes flutter and how his lips curve into a small smile. how he absentmindedly pulls me closer to him and shifts his hand to my back, gently resting his fingers along the curve of my spine.