DayDream: 1

NEW YORK NOVEMBER 2001

"Luna, come here!" Her mother says, in a lighthearted tone. Luna puts her toys down and runs down the stairs with a big smile on her face.

"Luna," Her mother says "You're a big girl, yes?"

With a bright smile on Luna's face she nods "Yes, mummy, I'm 6" Her mother takes her hands.

"Would you like to be a big sister?" Her mother asks close to Luna's face. Luna's face lights up with a bright illuminating smile. She nods profusely. "Well," Her mother places Luna's hands on her mother's growing stomach. "In 9 months time," Luna's smile becomes bigger and bigger. "You can be a big sister! How does that sound?"

Luna jumps around like a fairy humming to herself. "I'm going to be a big sister! I'm going to be a big sister," Luna stops dances around their living room and faces her mother again. "Is he going to be a boy or a girl mummy?"

"Well, what would you like it to be?" Her mothers seems happy that she's taking it well.

"Anything mummy," Luna says, thrilled she's going to be a sister.

"Anything?" Her mother asks with a questioned face. She holds her daughter's hands again as Luna is jumping up and down on the spot.

They talk about it until Luna falls asleep and her mother has to carry her to bed.