Drunk Pancakes

Wake up in Harry's warm arms in somewhere familiar to me.

My house.

Or home.

I listen to the sound of his calming heart in his chest as I relax there and appreciate the tranquillity of the earth. The car noises are so distant, the room is silent, it's perfect.

I thought the general atmosphere of Harry's house was soothing but I guess this takes the first spot. I discover what I use to use in the room. I find my favourite teddy bear, Caramel, still as fuffy-looking as I can remember. Then I see my oak bookcase with a cosy beanbag beside it.

"What book, little one?"

"Princess and The Frog!"

I roll out of Harry's hold to check the time. My phone flashes as I get a message.

"Hi, Blossom! I don't know what the time in New York but I hope you are on better terms with your friend!"

Rin.

I smile at her heartwarming message as I hear Harry in the background rolling over on his stomach. I turn to face him but he seems to be sleeping peacefully. I flicker my attention to my awaiting phone in my warm hands.

"Hi Rin"

"just woke up"

"I'm doing great x"

"sending love from New York xx"

I hit send as I hear Harry's croaky voice muffle my name into the pillow. I smile as my insides turn to goo from morning harry shining. "Good morning love," I smile as I return the thank you with gratitude and joy. I feel his warm hand fall onto my lower back, the warmth spreading all over. "What's the time?" He asks, flickering his soft eyes open.

"9 am," I say quietly letting him wake up at his own pace. I don't want to be too loud. He lazily rolls over to kiss my bare shoulder, making the area of skin warm. I contain a smile, the joy all bundled up inside the covers of the sheets. "I'm going to make some breakfast," I let go of my original intentions and release a smile, finally getting out of the double bed.

Just in my underwear, I make a point to quickly slip something on to keep covered.

I peek over at Harry one more time before leaving the room in his t-shirt.

"Good morning, Lun-"

"Mum-" I cut her off awkwardly.

I lean on the counter as she led down on the sofa "I-" How do I explain this? "When I left... I.. well I-" Her face drops sightly in anticipation, waiting for me to spit my words out "When I left I changed." 

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not the person you know... knew" I correct my self, not knowing how to explain the fact that I'm Blossom. "I changed my name." I say, lightning speed.

I feel as if it was easier to say it fast and simple. So that's what I did. "No.." Mum says, in denial, very surprised as she exhales the breath before letting the air back in. I awkwardly nod, letting her accept this piece of information. While doing so I smell the scent of alcohol on her clothes. She's been drinking.

"It's Blossom," I shine a weak smile.

She smiles weakly back "Good morning Blossom,"

"Just call me Bloss" I nod profusely.