My Love This Is The Day

"Emma?"

She doesn't move. I almost collapse from the realisation that I've been best friends with the person that is trying to kill me. I feel ill, lied to and my heart throbs.

The person who was there for me is also trying to kill me. It all makes sense now. She wasn't busy. She was just trying to find out where I am. Her parents didn't visit, she wanted to kill me.

She's been lying this whole time.

My throat is dry as if all the water in the world has been sucked. I can barely breathe and I feel defeated that I fell for it.

I would just call the police right now but in all honesty, I feel wrong doing so. The girl in front of me is my closest friend, not a criminal.

I guess nobody's perfect.

She looks down at her feet and drops the knife in shame. Or what looks like shame. "D-did you- did James get locked up?" She asks timidly.

She takes a step forward as I flinch. "Don't come any closer," I command, petrified but trying to stand tall.

I have so many thoughts that I don't know how to start. I'm confused, angry and most of all disappointed. "Is he locked up?" She reiterates, taking a step back.

I hesitate to answer but nod. "Why?" I start to crack, a tear shifting down my cheek.

"James is a bad person, Blossom."

"Nice of you to have found out."

"Blossom, I-" She pauses and looks up at me. Her eyes have guilt in them, filled to the brim. His lips are trembling, her chest rising up. "The night he asked if he could see you."

I pause, confused but not showing it on the outside. She could pick up the blade and stab me right here. I've said on many occasions that I would like to be sucked whole and right now, I want the opposite."He said that Harry replaced him and he wants his turn," Tears start to overfill her guilty eyes as she comes closer. I don't resist as she continues. "Blossom, I'm sorry I-"

She comes a tiny bit closer, fighting on the spot. The blade is way behind us now. "He threatened me. My family. He told me that he wanted his turn and the plan was that if you didn't want him, he'd kill you."

I feel an uncomfy feeling fill my stomach as I feel myself go pale, my jaw clenching. "He threatened that if I didn't help, he'd bring me down along with my family and you too. I couldn't do it, Bloss. He offered £1000 for it, not including flying from place to place. I was assuming what he had done was unsuccessful and that he'd been taken away but I didn't want to risk it. That's why I bought the knife and mask."

It all makes sense but how can I trust that? Emma is the most amazing person in the world and I'm not throwing that away. I don't think I'll ever be as close to her ever again, or at least for some time. She's lyed to be and slit my throat. She's caused physical pain. But then again I'd rather be dead or be with James than for her and her family to die.

"Why did you cut my throat?" I ask, stepping back.

"Because that day I thought he was still out there. That day he said he'd hide whilst I got you. He said to make a cut but I couldn't kill you. Little did I know he was already gone and I realised that when I went to the hiding spot and he wasn't there."

I don't respond. I feel lied to. I feel disdraught.

Most of all I feel as if my best friend was just an act.

"Call the police." She says, raising up her shaking hands.

"Emma n-"

"Do it. I don't want to live knowing that I-"