CHAPTER XXVII

We are the warriors

Who learned to love the pain

SAPPHIRE

I stared at Lionel. What does he think I am? Some hurt-me-not princess? I could break that bitch with a single punch. And who cares if the fight is without magic? I could break necks too.

"You are saying I can't win?" I squinted at him.

"It'll be tough." he said looking down at his feet and not meeting my eyes.

"You say that because you haven't seen me in action."

"I am not doubting your abilities, Sapphire. Its just... Gloria. She has some tricks up her sleeves to."

"Like what? Scratching me with her painted nails?" I snorted.

"You are forgetting the law. Never underestimate your enemy-" he preached like some kind of a saint, making me roll my eyes.

"Doesn't work for me. I am always stronger, and I always win."

He sighed.

"Will you even listen before making such assumptions? You might always win, but Gloria is always stronger." he looked at me straight in the eye. But something about his wordings was unsettling me. My confidence almost wavered. Nevertheless, I snorted.

"She'll lick my feet by the end of it. Or maybe, she won't even have a tongue by then? Who knows?"

"Here's rule number two for you. Never leave your enemy alive."

"There are things worse than death..." I trailed of thinking about the things I would do to her, after I won.

"And revenge is sweet." The Alpha said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Ugh, fine! At least I can cut her to pieces." Blood and gore... I missed that.

"Don't even wanna know what's going inside your brain right now." he said giving me a look.

"Just tell me how she's stronger!" I snapped.

"She's moon blessed." he said in a lost tone.

"So what? She glows in the dark?" he almost cracked a smile at that, but his expression got all serious again.

"It gives her a power... although, its not fluorescence. Its far more dangerous. She's a Potentialist"

"Potato-what?!" I blinked.

"A Potentialist." he said, "It meant she can absorb energy from you every time you hurt her."

"That's simple. I'll just break her neck in one go." I shrugged, nonchalantly.

"You underestimate her, she's trained-"

"Well I have been training since I was NINE!" I yelled at him.

"Will you calm down? All I am saying is that you be ready before the fight." he said in an urgent tone.

"I was born ready." I said smugly.

"Is that a movie dialogue?" He said. I just glared back at him.

"I don't care if it hurts your goddamn ego. But you are training with me. And seeing we have only two days until the next full moon... it begins right now." he declared getting up and brushing his jeans.

"Fine. But if I break your jaw, don't mind."

**** (MINOR VIOLENCE)

As we entered the training room, I couldn't help but think about the last time we had been there. It looked more or less the same as before. It gave my heart a painful twinge to see it again.