CHAPTER IX

I don't trust nobody and nobody trusts me

I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams

SAPPHIRE

My plan required more mental strength than physical. Only my will power could get me through this. The pack had a wizard, there had to be a temple to Trivia. Our power came from meditation at least once a week in her temple.

I would have to go slow for the plan to work properly. Every second I was mentally gagging on my plan. But I was sure it would work. It had to. So, when the next morning when Juliette came with my breakfast, I said, good morning, instead of throwing her a I-will-kill-you-painfully glare. She looked a bit shocked at first, but then nodded and greeted me back. Great, it was working. Instead of pushing away the food she brought I ate it. And I have to admit it, the eggs were delicious. Though, I did manage to vomit all the food after she was gone.

But not only the Gamma, I had to do this to everyone, especially the Alpha.

At about 2 in the afternoon, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called out.

Two unfamiliar people entered. A man and a woman. I thought they were mates, by the way they were trying to walk close to each other. I cringed mentally. Romantic love messes everything. They say its beautiful but, how the hell, does forgetting your identity do you any good?

"Hi." I said putting on a small smile and trying to act friendly.

"Hey, I am Michael Palmer, the Beta of this pack. And this is my mate Rosa." the man said.

I smiled as widely as I could. "Its nice to meet you, Michael, Rosa." I said shaking their hands.

"We though we would introduce, ourselves." Rosa said.

"It's nice you came... I was getting rather bored without any company." I said.

"Blimey, the way Juliette described you... I was expecting you to have horns and vampire teeth or something. You seem- fine." Michael said.

Oh yeah, my feint was working.

Rosa giggled and punched his arm. I let out a small laugh too.

"I guess I was a bit harsh yesterday. But I thought over it through the night, and I think I might as well bond over with some people while I am here, instead of terrorizing them." I accepted, trying to sound as truthful as I could.

"One person wants to bond over with you in particular." Michael said, throwing me a wink.

I rolled my eyes instead of punching him in the face.

They stayed for some more time as we talked about random stuff. I tried to act my best. My insides were twisting and turning with disgust and hatred, but I still remained at ease on the outside. My plan was going so perfectly, I couldn't believe my own luck.

****

The Alpha came again at night. I had to make an effort to open my clenched fists and keep the anger out of my voice.

"Michael said you have been acting almost friendly." he said leaning against the wall and folding his arms in front of his chest. I tried not to notice the way his biceps bulged against his shirt sleeves.

I just nodded in response.

An awkward silence hung low in the air, I decided to break it.

"Its just I thought over it through the night and-and I guess, maybe I will just try and give you a chance... maybe I was a bit wrong about werewolves. Maybe all of you are not like the one I met. I-uh thought I might as well get to know some new people while I was here instead of sitting in this cage like a prisoner." I rambled out. Putting on a shy smile.

LIONEL

I knew she was lying the moment she started talking. She was a good actress but not good enough to fool me. I could feel the lies radiating right off her. Her tone was even... almost convincing. I don't know why, but I decided to play her game. Maybe I just wanted to talk with her normally for once. I would make her fall for me, with her own game.

"You are really going to give me a chance?" I asked.

She nodded encouragingly.

This time the happy look in her eyes was real. Whatever her plan was, it was working according to her.

"Well then, maybe my charm did work on you." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Forget I said anything." she rolled her eyes. She looked cute when she rolled her eyes.

I pulled up a chair and sat across from her.

She was so beautiful, I had to supress the urge to grab her and kiss her right there. Her blue-green eyes had a permanent humorous glint on them. Her straight black hair was tied behind her head with a bandanna. Her jaw was wonderfully chiseled. Her lips, naturally pink. Even her physique was perfect. I wondered how such a perfect woman could even exist and then end up being my mate.

Sapphire cleared her throat loudly pulling me out of my thoughts. Apparently, she had caught me staring and now, her face was as red as a tomato.

"Uh, so tell me something about yourself." I said trying to start a conversation.

"Like what? I already told you all the things." she raised an eyebrow.

"I meant it like, hobbies and things."

"Um... I like to paint, though I am not very good at it, and I like to train. What about you?"

I almost cracked up at the fake interest that shone in her eyes. Whom was she trying to fool?

"Well, we have the training thing in common." I replied.

"Oohkay."

We spent a bit more time talking. By each passing second, she was growing more and more on me. I was so desperately in love, I couldn't help but smile when she did. Even if her smiles were fake and mine were real. I was falling in love with everything about her. Her laughter was like music to my ears. Her eyes were so mesmerizing I would forget what she had been saying a second ago, if I looked into them too long. Though, I am sure they would look more beautiful if they didn't hold so much hatred for me. My heart was doing cartwheels in my chest. Maybe things would work out. At least I would try my best...

****

A/N

Hey!

Its me again!

So guess what day it is today?

Its my birthday! 23rd of august. Aaaaand I turn 23 today.

Anyways, how was this chapter? And do you have some insight on Sapphire's plan now?

What do you think will happen next?

And the picture on top of the screen is Lionel.

You can imagine anyone though.

XX

Byee!

With best wishes,

Cassandra (Yeah that's my name. Let me know yours.)

****