CHAPTER VI

I won't be, no, I won't be like you

Fighting back, I'm fighting back the truth

Eyes like yours can look away

But you can't stop DNA

No, you can't stop DNA

LIONEL

I couldn't imagine how cruel the moon could be to pair me with a girl who would never love me back. My stupid father had murdered her family. Why would she ever love his son? She didn't even know she was my mate. I took in a deep breath, and stared into her beautiful eyes. I wouldn't keep secrets from her. Its better she knew.

"The Dread was my father." I said steeling my nerves.

She merely blinked at first, then her eyes went wide with shock and realization.

"You-" she tried to say something.

"I am nothing like him, you can trust me." I said trying to touch her cheek.

She slapped my hand away.

"Do you think I am a fool? How the hell can I trust a murderer's son?" she asked rhetorically.

There it was. My own mate couldn't trust me. Her words pierced my heart like silver daggers. But I controlled my emotions. I cursed the moon for her cruelty. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try to win her over.

"Anyways, I don't wanna jump to conclusions. Nor can I forget my past. I'll hear you out, solve our differences. Then we both can forget we ever saw each other. You can continue with your pack, and I'll go back to my people." she reasoned.

"If only it was that simple..." I sighed, miserably. Whatever happened, I couldn't let her go.

She cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Let's start with the death of my mother. Well, she had always been a bit strange. The human side is dominant in most werewolves. We are humans who can change into wolves. My mother, on the other hand, had a predominant wolf side. She was a wolf who could change into humans. To make matters worse, her wolf was a bit wild. Not a tame one like the others. The only reason my father even accepted her was because, no female in the right mind would mate with him." It angered my wolf to call those people my parents, I continued.

"The mate bond has its own privileges. Then after 2 years of my birth, my mother decided to go hunting, one day. She didn't find anything, her wolf was angry. On the way back, she found a child with his mother travelling through the forest. Now, this is a bit disgusting... normal wolves like most of this pack, hunt only for rituals, or when in dire need. We never hunt to eat. I guess that's our human side. But my mother, well, she decided to make this child her meal for that day. She thought they were normal humans. She attacked. But it turned out they were members from your old cult. The kid's mother, killed her, to protect herself. I never found the lady to thank her, though. My parents were cruel, especially my mother. They used to make me train even if I was just a 2 year old kid. To make me a worthy Alpha they said. But I still don't know how being injected with steroids helped."

By this time, Sapphire almost had a sympathetic expression.

"When she died, My father, even though he didn't love her much, did grieve for her. And then I don't know clearly but when I was 'bout 7, he came to know something about his own parentage, and hence declared war on your cult, after years of planning. I really don't know what he came to know, but suddenly he started thinking it was his right to rule your cult."

"That's absurd! Why would a werewolf rule wizards?" Sapphire questioned to no one in particular.

"When he announced war, the pack warriors refused to go with him The rebelled. He left to find rogues and lead them against you. I was 12 then. I took the chance and ran away. There was an aunt of mine. She had always been kind to me. She took me in happily. even though, she was my father's sister, she had always hated him. I trained with her for 5 years. When I came back. My father had almost completely ruined my pack. The rogues had invaded and now our real people were some kind of underdogs. I lived secretly and gathered forces for almost an year. And then I challenged him. I won easily. He had gotten all fat and out of practice over the years."

Sapphire sniggered.

"The first thing I did as Alpha was, declaring him rogue. The other wolves killed all the rogues. He fled in panic. The other thing I did was change the name of this pack from, The Moon's Despair to Eclipse Night. Partly because, the Moon's Despair sounds kinda disrespectful. And partly because, the night we won witnessed a full scale, Lunar eclipse. The pack just moved on from there..." I finished. I told her everything. It felt nice to have someone to talk to. Sapphire nodded.

"Well, at least that had a happily ever after." she sighed wistfully.

"Uh, I never looked at the story from that point of view." I acknowledged.

"Whatever. Now that we have our matters resolved and I am all healed up, I think its time to part ways. I have cult to run."

My eyes widened with panic. There was no fucking way I was letting her go. After so many years of searching I had finally got my mate. I couldn't let her leave.

"No." I blurted out without thinking.

"Excuse me? What do you mean no?" she stared at me suspiciously.

"You can't leave."

"And why can't I?" her hands were smoking dangerously.

"Because-because-" I tried to tell her but the words just couldn't leave my tongue. I'll admit it. Despite the fearless Alpha I was, I was scared. I was scared of the fact she would reject me. After all, what kind of woman falls in love with the son of her parents' murderer?

"Give me one reason I should stay in this goddamn place. One reason that I am even tolerating a random Alpha who happens to be the kid of the person who is the reason I am an orphan." she said, gritting her teeth.

Random Alpha? I was the Alpha of the largest pack in the world! Who does she think she is talking to? She had hurt my ego. Mostly my wolf's. Anger surged through me, and in that rage I said it.

"You are my mate. And you are not going anywhere away from me. You are mine now."

A/N

Soooooooo

What do you think of this chapter??

You finally know the whole past story.

And he's told her the reality.

What do you think is gonna be Sapphire's reaction?

Also we got a sneak peak on Lionel's Alpha side. The possessive/dominating Alpha he is.

Keep reading and stay tuned.

Byeeee!

PS this chapter was a bit short compared to the others... but I think this is kinda informative and clears many doubts you people must have had.