CHAPTER VII

You were good to me before I knew your name

Your grace freed me from a selfish pain

I was lost and I felt the need, the need for you

How could I ever leave?

SAPPHIRE

I stared at him... this has to be a joke.

Is he mad?

Me, his mate?

Never.

But before doing anything rash I decided to check if I had heard right.

Maybe he had said, "Oh you can't leave because, we have 50 course buffet arranged in your honour!"

Maybe I was just hallucinating owing to the fact how hot he was-

What the heck?!

Am I going mad?

Why am I attracted towards him.

Shut it, Sapphire. You are not attracted towards this idiot. All Alphas are hot, nothing wrong with your brain. My conscience scolded me.

"Could you repeat that. I thought you just said I'm your mate." I said giggling nervously.

"I am not lying. As cruel as it seems, the moon has paired me with you." he said looking down at the floor. There was a nervous edge to his voice.

"Uh... I never thought Alphas had a sense of humor, but this is a joke, right?" I asked again, the stupid giggle wiped off my face. With each passing moment I was getting more and more suspicious of his words being true.

He shook his head in negotiation.

"First of all, Alphas can have a sense of humor if they want and this is not a joke you are my mate."

"No way." I said staring at him in disbelief.

"Its tru-" he started to say.

"I don't care if its true! I hate werewolves! I hate you!" I almost shouted out. It seemed as though someone had injected me with high power octane. I literally heated up due to it. Little flames were already dancing along my fingers.

He winced as though my words had physically hurt him, but I guess it was just the neck wound.

"Look, at least give me a chance-"

"I DON'T WANT TO! YOU THINK YOU CAN DOMINATE ME? I BELONG TO NO ONE!" I yelled gaining my footing.

"Okay I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that you are mine-"

"I AM LEAVING THIS GODDAMN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!"

My vision was drenched red due to the anger. My breathing was heavy. I turned to leave.

"Just stay for sometime. Maybe a week? Give me chance, please!" he was almost begging.

"I am not staying for even a second!" I yelled.

"I am sorry, but you leave me no choice." he said, looking genuinely sorry. As though, this was going to be the biggest regret of his life.

Suddenly, around 10 wolves were blocking the entrance to the infirmary.

"You-" I lunged at him, a deadly spell ready in my hands.

But I wasn't thinking clearly. I was blinded by rage. He was quicker. He grabbed my arm before I could do any harm, and hit me on the head. Hard. I courageously blacked out, 30 seconds into the fight.

****

The next time I woke up, I was in a different room. It looked like a bedroom. The curtains were closed on the windows. Almost no light was seeping into the room. I tried to sit up but my head spun, forcing me to lay back down.

The details of the last time I had been conscious came back to me.

Giant... Stolen Amphora... Werewolves...The Alpha... The dread's son... My mate...

I shook my head to get rid of those depressing thoughts. My brain hurt by even thinking about him.

I am not going to stay here. I will get back to my cult. He'll regret ever meeting me.

I assured myself.

I tried to get up again, somehow managing to sit up. The back side of my skull was throbbing like an open wound. I guess that was the place where he had struck me. My mouth tasted like aluminium. I wanted to call out to someone, someone who would come to my aid. Someone who would comfort me. But I didn't do so for two reasons. First, my voice wouldn't work. Second, I didn't know whom to call.

I got to my feet, trying to see in the darkness. I walked to the door, hoping it was unlocked. How I was wrong. But what were they thinking they will be able to contain a witch of my skill in a locked room! Are they mad?

I called upon my magic, to perform the unlocking spell, but nothing happened. I immediately panicked, but then I chuckled on my own stupidity. It was probably just a hitch. Even the most skillful people faced it when, exhausted.

I tried again, still no response. Maybe I was just a bit drained. Again I was wrong.

I kept trying, again and again, until the only thing I could feel was fear and panic. My throat was clenched with the possibilities I feared.

I stumbled across the room until I found the light switch. I flipped it on, and immediately lifted my T-shirt to see, what I feared the most. I almost wept at the sight. The wolves had played a clever game. They had taken away from me my most powerful weapon...

I stared at the mark of the suppression charm on my skin. I cursed the witch or wizard who had done this. He or she had betrayed a person of there own kind over these wolves.

I groaned in frustration.

I was captured.

In their net.

I would never leave, until I accepted the Alpha.

I sank to my knees on that happy note.

Tears fell from my eyes. I wept my helplessness out.

What had I gotten myself into?

I almost wished I had never been saved from the Ice giant's cave.

I would prefer going down in a fight, rather than being stripped of all my power and imprisoned.

A/N

Hiiii my dear readers!

Sorry another short chapter...

To say the truth, this was just a filler.

But I hope you enjoy!

We did come to know one thing though...

The level to which Lionel is desperate for Sapphire to stay.

So much, he stripped her of her powers.

That's all for today,

I will try to put the next update ASAP

Byeee