14.

"Surprise!"

Suman closed her eyes and hid her face in Shravan's chest.

"Sumo, open your eyes." Shravan whispers in her ears, she distanced herself from him and looked at her surroundings.

The Malhotra's were here. Kanchan and Bunty too.

"Wait. Wh- What is happening?" Suman asked as everyone was smiling at her. Which kinda creeper her out.

"Suman, Today is a big day!" Kavita and exclaimed and Suman chuckled sadly.

"It definitely is."

"Not in that way Suman. Shravan tell her." Kanchan says and Shravan turned to Suman who was looking at him confused.

"Today, when you left the cantt. Colonel Gujral came in my cabin and...."

"And what Shravan?" She asked her heartbeat already racing.

"He said that we both, okay? We both will be getting promoted." Shravan said and Suman widened her eyes, everyone looking at her for some reaction.

"Y- you are saying that- that we both will be Major?" Suman asked still not believing what Shravan was saying.

"Yes, Sumo!" Shravan said and lifted her up in his arms, twirling her in the air. Suman wrapped her arms around his neck and squealed in excitement.

"I- I can't believe this... this is happening!" Suman said as Shravan puts her down on her feet.

"Ahem! Ahem!" Bunty fake coughed to make the couple realize that Shravan's parents were here.

Shravan and Suman made a safe distance from each other and looked down, embarrassed.

"Suman, we have something to give you." Devraj said smilingly.

"What uncle?" Suman asked.

"This." Devraj said as he came forward and handed her some papers.

"What is this?" She asked.

"Open it."

Suman looked at Shravan confused, he also signaled her to open. She untied the knot on the paper and read each word carefully.

By each word her eyes were widening and tears were filling in them. It was the property papers of the Tiwari house which is now on Suman's name.

"I can't--" Suman was cutted by Devraj.

"Suman, I didn't buy that house. Tiwari house was on lease and only I knew about this except Vijay. He wanted that house to be yours after you become a Major. So here we are." Devraj said and opened his arms for a hug.

"Thank you! Thank you so much Uncle." Suman said as she hugged him.

"I'm like your father only, just like Vijay I can't see you upset." Devraj said and for the first time in 7 years Suman could feel the touch of her father.

"Suman! We can finally live there again!" Kanchan said as she hugged her sister.

"Yes. And Chachu- Chachi will come back."

"Actually, they won't." Kanchan said a bit disappointed.

"Why?" Everyone asked.

"Veer's friends are there and Maa- Papa's business, they can't leave it again." Kanchan explained and Suman nodded her head.

"I don't know how to say 'thank you' again. What you did for us.... I don't--" Suman again started thanking Devraj but Kavita stopped her.

"Suman, stop talking and go get ready. We all will go out for dinner." Kavita said and Suman went in her room to get changed.

"Shravan, don't tell me you are coming to a restaurant with us in your army uniform?" Kavita asked her dear son.

"No maa. I'm going to change." Shravan said and went to his room.

*******

"Suman, are you ready?" Shravan knocked on her door.

"Just a minute, Shravan." She replied.

"Okay. Also, everyone already went so we both are left." Shravan said.

"Okay." Suman said and opened the door of her room.

Shravan who was checking time on his watch, looked up only to be mesmerized by Suman Tiwari wearing a saree.

"Wow! You... You look--"

"Stunning?" Suman asked and Shravan just nodded.

"I know!" Suman said and laughed looking at his state.

"You do know that you are making me loose my self-control, right?" Shravan asked keeping his hands on her bare waist. Making a shiver run down her spine.

"Shut up!" Suman said and tried to push him away, but he was too strong for her. Shravan went closer to her and moved towards her ears.

"Oh, you are the one who is doing all this to me." Shravan whispered and kisses the side of her neck. Suman bit her lips to control a moan which was about to leave her mouth.

"Shravan, we have to go. Everyone must be waiting." Suman said.

"Okay, but I am leaving you only for today." Shravan said and kisses her cheeks before moving away from her. She adjusted her saree and both of them left the house.

"By the way, why are you wearing saree today? As far as I remember you hated wearing traditionals." Shravan said as they were on their way to the restaurant.

"Yeah, I did hated wearing traditionals. But Maa and papa always loved it when I wore traditionals. And this saree is maa's. This was her favorite, Papa gave it to her on their 1st anniversary." Suman said and roamed her hand on the saree.

"Well, uncle and aunty weren't wrong about it. I swear, if I would have seen you in traditional or in saree I would have kissed you so hard." Shravan said and both of laughed.

"You can now." Suman said and looked at him.

"I so want to, but I am sure that right now everyone must be discussing about us." Shravan said and Suman smiled at him.

"Yeah."

"But don't worry, I will make this wish of yours real today only." Shravan said and winked at her making her blush.