12.

"Avni?" Shravan was roaming in the house looking for his sister.

"Yes bhaiya?" She came out of the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Have you seen Suman?" Shravan asked and she almost choked on her water.

Do not tell you brother that I am going to meet his family.

Avni reminded herself about the promise she made to Suman.

"N-No." She stuttered and this didn't went unnoticed by Shravan.

"Weird. She left the office early today, and isn't home also." Shravan said.

"Anyway, I will go call Maa." Shravan said hoping that Avni might say something about Suman's where about.

"O-Okay." She stuttered again.

What the hell Avni!

She cursed herself for stuttering.

"You sure you don't have anything to tell me?" Shravan asked before going in his room.

"Yes. I- I am sure." She said and hurriedly went in her room.

Weird.

******

"I am home." Suman said as she plopped down on the sofa, tired.

"Where were you!?" Shravan asked as he handed her a glass of water.

"Some important work." She said and drank the water.

"What work?" He asked again, knowing that something is fishy.

"Tiwari house is now sold. They wanted my signature at some paper, so yeah I was at my- sorry, the next house." Suman said and Shravan sensed the disappointment in her voice.

"You didn't want to sell that house." Shravan stated and Suman just nodded.

"Then why did you agree?" He asked sitting next to her.

"It was a deal between me and Chachi. She said that if I marry Vikram, she won't sell the house. If I don't then... you know." She said and looked at him.

"Yeah, I know." He said and both sat there silently until Kanchan came storming in the house.

"Suman!" She shouted making Shravan and Suman jump in their seat because of sudden noise.

"What?" Suman asked her sister who was fuming in anger.

"You." Kanchan pointed at her and continued. "You didn't do anything! You just signed and left. And all of this happened behind my back. How could you?" Kanchan almost shouted.

"Kancha, you knew that right that Chachi and I had a deal--" Suman tried to explain her but Kanchan cutted her in middle.

"I know, I know. But Suman, we grew up there. Tauji, Taiji and Daadu...." She stopped knowing that Suman understood what she wanted to say.

"Plus, everything is associated with that house. Our house. And this Malhotra house." Kanchan said and sat down beside her sister, keeping her head on her shoulder.

"I know, Kancha. But not everything can go according to one's wish, right?" Suman said and Kanchan just nodded.

At that moment Shravan realized something. Realized how many emotions were attached with both, Malhotra and Tiwari house.

Everything started from there, and now... now both the houses will be of someone else.

"Shravan?" Suman brought him out of his thoughts.

"Y-Yes." He replied.

"What are you thinking?" Suman asked.

"Nothing." He said and smiled at her assuring that he is fine.

*******

"Suman? Did you meet them?" Avni asked slowly entering the her room, making sure that Shravan is in his room.

"Yeah." Suman said and asked Avni to sit beside her.

"How did it went?" Avni asked.

"It went well. They were happy and seeing them happy made me happy." Suman said as she remembered how happy Shravan's parents were when they saw her, but they were equally shocked too.

"So..."

"So what?" Suna asked.

"What's next? Will you tell Bhaiya?" Avni asked.

"I will. But in sometime." Suman said.

"Okay then, best of luck and good night." Avni said and left her room.

Suman remembered how her day went today. It was happy and sad too.

Happy because she finally met with the Malhotra's and they were happy seeing her.

Sad because, Tiwari house is not Tiwari house anymore.

Not thinking about it much, she switched off the lights and called it a night.