20.

Windows down, cool breeze flowing, a smile adoring their face and their hands intertwined as Shravan drove back to the lane of their houses.

"How are you feeling, Suman?" Shravan asked as he noticed how happy she was but at the same time her silence wasn't comforting.

"I am happy."

"But?" Shravan knew that there is a 'but'.

"But something doesn't feel right. As if there are going to be a lot of problems in convincing our family." Suman said as she turned towards him.

"Suman, my family is convinced." Shravan said.

"But not mine!" Suman said.

"We will convince them together, don't worry everything will be fine. If they still don't agree, I will make you run away with me." Shravan said and laughed. But Suman didn't.

"We ran once, and it did no good to us." Suman said, once again looking outside. Shravan listened to the seriousness in her voice and stopped the car at a corner.

"Bhaag jaana aasaan hota hai, Shravan. Lekin bhaag jaane mein izzat nahi hoti. Aur jaha tak mai tumhe jaanti hu, tum uncle-aunty ke bina reh nahi paoge." Suman said and looked at him.

"Tumhare liye apne parivar ko bhi chhod sakta hu." Shravan said.

"Nahi chhod sakte. Mai jaanti hu kitna mushkil hota hai bina maa-baap ke jeena, mai roz jeeti hu. Aur agar tum apne parivar ko mere liye chhod sakte na, toh saalo pehle tum mere saath hote." Suman said and Shravan too realized that he cannot live without his family or let them down because of him, but he also knows that he can't live without Suman or let her down.

"I promise, we will convince your family together and this time we won't run away." Shravan said and kissed the knuckles of her hand.

"I hope they agree too." Suman said and smiled. Shravan too smiled and started driving.

As the newly engaged couple pulled up in their colony, they noticed that Shravan's mother, Bunty and Kanchan were sitting in the lawn and talking maybe.

"What are they doing at this time?" Shravan asked to himself.

They both got down and headed towards the trio while Kanchan was the first one to notice the couple.

"Behena!!!" Kanchan shrieked and ran towards her sister, hugging her tightly. Bunty and Kavita too went there.

"Arey arey! Kancha, chhod mujhe." Suman said as she was worried about her saree and Shravan chuckled.

"What did you say?" Kanchan asked with full excitement.

"Mujhe kya kehna tha?" Suman asked adjusting her saree and not paying attention to what her sister was asking.

Shravan who was standing there and was way too excited to share the news and couldn't control himself anymore so he raised her hand in which he slid the ring.

"She said yes." That was enough for the trio to shriek and jump in excitement while Shravan just side hugged Suman who was busy looking at the happiness in front of them.

"Shhhhh! Others are sleeping." Shravan shushed everyone as their excitement level was increasing.

"Chal puttar, andar chalte hai." Kavita said to Suman lovingly while Shravan pouted.

"What are you pouting at?" Kavita asked looking at her son.

"Suman aa gayi toh aap mujhe bhul jaaoge?" Shravan faked anger.

"Mai apne puttar ko bhul jau, yeh bhi kabhi ho sakta hai?" Kavita said and ruffled Shravan's hair while the others laughed.

All of them went inside only for Suman and Shravan to get congratulated by the other members of the Malhotra family.