23.

Suman, with all the confidence, dialed her Ramesh Chachu's number. Only to think about how will she start the conversation.

"Suman..."

"Shh!"

Kanchan came upstairs to call her sister for breakfast but before she can say anything she was shushed by Suman.

"What are you doing?"

"Calling Chachu."

"Oh, all the best." Kanchan said and left her alone giving some privacy.

"Suman beta?" She heard from the other side.

"Chachu?"

"Kaisi hai beta?" He asked lovingly.

"Theek hu." She replied.

"Tu khush hai na?" He asked because he knows that with Beena standing at Suman's head all the time, she couldn't be happy.

"Bohot. But I want to talk to you about something." She said starting the conversation.

"Go, marry him." Ramesh said and Suman could feel him smiling from his voice.

"What?"

"Devraj Malhotra called last evening. He apologized and told me that the kids love each other more than before. I just want you to stay happy, Suman." Ramesh said and a sob left Suman's mouth.

"And... And what about Chachi?" She asked.

"She doesn't care. After all you are a strong independent woman and she has given up on you." Ramesh said and Suman chuckled.

"Thank you."

"Thanks to you Suman. Thank you for finally giving into your happiness. Thank you for finally standing up against your Chachi for yourself." Ramesh said feeling proud of her.

"Suman! Come on, breakfast is ready." She heard Kanchan shouting from downstairs.

"Jaa beta, naashta karle." Ramesh said as he heard his daughter shouting.

"Bye Chachu." She said and disconnected the call.

As Suman wiped her tears she walked down the stairs only to see the Malhotras sitting there but her favorite Malhotra was missing.

"Good morning. Aap sab yaha?" Suman asked as she signaled Damroo bhaiya to get something for them.

"Haa beta. Hum sab Chandigarh waapis jaa rahe hai, toh socha jaane se pehle mil lete hai." Devraj said.

"Sab?" Suman didn't want Shravan to go.

"Haa. Shravan ka toh cantt yahi pe hai toh woh yahi rahega." Kavita said Suman mentally sighed in relief.

"Have you thought about marriage date?" Devraj asked taking lemon juice from the tray Damroo brought.

"I was talking to Chachu only and I want to thank you." Suman said.

"This is the least I can do for my daughter after all." Devraj said and everyone smiled heartily.

"So... which date?" Devraj asked again.

"I can't take this decision alone, the date should be agreeable from both mine and Shravan's side." Suman said.

"He is coming in some time. Then you both disc and tell us." Kavita said and Suman smiled in affirmative.

*******

"Sumo, I don't understand why not this Sunday?" Shravan asked again as the couple sat down picking out a date for their wedding.

"Because the world doesn't depend on us."

"Of course they do! After all we are army officers." Shravan said and Suman slapped her forehead.

"Buddu, I mean the world doesn't depend on us ki jab chaaha unka kaam rok diya. We have to at least decide a date which is a month or two later." Suman said and Shravan mouthed an 'O'.

"How about... 10th of March?" Shravan asked going through his phone calendar.

"Haa, that's a good date. And we get 1 and a half month for all the preparation." Suman said getting excited. Shravan kissed her cheek and gave her a side hug.

"10th March then?" He asked again.

"10th March it is." Suman said smilingly and pecked his lips making him smile.