10.

"Avni, listen." Suman asked Avni to sit on the sofa with her. Shravan went to sleep in his room. Suman was given the guest room. Kanchan went home later.

"Suman? Why are you not asleep?" Avni asked and sat beside her.

"I... I wanted to ask you something." Suman said.

"What?" Avni asked.

"Can you please give me Devraj uncle and Kavita aunty's residential address?" Suman blurted in one single breath.

"What!? Why?" Avni was shocked that Suman wanted to meet Shravan's parents.

"Shh, Shravan's sleeping. Also, I want to apologize to them." Suman said slowly.

"Okay, I'll text you their address. Now go and sleep, I am also going." Avni said and wished her good night before leaving the living room.

I will do my best to bring back everyone's happy days.

Later that night when Suman was not feeling sleepy, she decided to have a walk in the lawn.

"I am happy that you are happy again, after all these years."

She heard her father's voice and turned around to see his reflection.

"I am. I really am." She said and started walking towards the reflection of her father.

But before she could reach, she felt a sharp sting in her foot. A nail.

"Shit." She screamed and fell down on the ground. She looked at her father, nothing but still.

"Won't you come and help--" Her words got cutted as she heard Shravan's voice.

"Sumo!" He ran towards her and kneeled down to her. He saw a nail inside her feet and blood oozing out.

"Sumo, how did this--" He couldn't complete his sentence as Suman kept her finger on his lips.

"You are panicking more than me. I know how to pluck it out." Suman said and started pulling the nail out. Shravan hissed at the sight of blood coming out of her foot.

"You always hated seeing blood." Suman said and chuckled.

"Yeah. I still do." Shravan said.

"So go and get some wet tissues and ice too." Suman said and tried to get up but failed and was about to fall when Shravan held her.

"I will go, but let me take you to your room. Then keep bandaging your wound." Shravan said and picked her up in bridal style and took her to her room.

"How did this happen?" He asked placing her on the bed. Suman told him everything except the part that she asked Avni for his parents address and the fact that she saw her father.

"Take care of yourself, Sumo. You are lucky that I heard your scream and came down running." Shravan said as he sat beside her with all the things she needed.

"Yeah yeah." Suman rolled her eyes at his dramatic version.

She cleaned her wound with tissues soaked in water and applied some ointment before putting the bandage.

"Finally, done." Suman said and turned around to face Shravan but saw him sleeping with his phone on his chest.

A big baby!

Suman smiled at his sleeping figure and then made him lie down on her bed without disturbing his sleep much and switched off the light and lied beside him calling it a night.