17.

Suman woke up due to the buzzing of her phone.

"Hello?" She picked up the call still half asleep.

"Doctor Tiwari!" She heard and saw the caller ID, it was one of her assistant- Asha.

"Yes Asha?"

"We need you here fast. There is an emergency case. The patient's on the way." Asha said.

"Okay, I'll be there in 15 minutes." Suman said and disconnected the call. She quickly brushed her teeth and combed her hair.

She noticed that she is still in her saree, but decided not to change as she doesn't have much time.

She quickly came out of her room and was on her way when Kavita Malhotra stopped her.

"Suman? Where are you going this early in the morning? And why haven't you changed?" Kavita asked.

"Aunty, there is an emergency in hospital. I have to go now." Suman said and hurried her steps before anyone else stop her.

"Suman didi--"

"Jhumri di abhi nahi!" Suman said and sat inside her car and started driving.

******

"Mumma, where is Suman?" Shravan asked as he looked everywhere for her and tried calling her but she didn't answer.

"She went to the hospital very early in the morning. She said that there was some emergency." Kavita said and started serving breakfast to her son.

"Oh okay." Shravan said and started eating his food.

It's been more than 4 hours since Kavita told Shravan about Suman's whereabouts and 6 hours since Suman went to the hospital.

A surgery or any operation should not take this much time.

Shravan thought as he kept trying to call her but no success. So he decided to go to the hospital only. He quickly got ready in his uniform and left the house for the Army Hospital.

*******

"Hello. May I know where I can find Doctor Suman Tiwari?" Shravan asked the receptionist.

"Sir she was in a surgery, but it ended an hour ago. Umm... You can ask Asha, she is Doctor Tiwari's assistant." The receptionist said and Shravan nodded in agreement and started looking for Asha.

"Asha!"

"Yes Captain?"

"Do you know where is Captain Tiwari?" Shravan asked.

"Actually sir.... Even I haven't seen her after the surgery." Asha said and Shravan started to tense up.

Where the hell did this woman go?!

Shravan started searching everywhere, starting from her cabin to every ward of the hospital but he couldn't find her anywhere.

Suman, where are you?

As Shravan was exiting the hospital and was about to sit in his car, his eyes spotted a white car parked at a distance.

He drove till there and saw the number plate.

Suman's car!

He quickly parked his car behind her and got out. He went to her window side and saw that her head was kept on the stearing wheel.

He knocked on the window and Suman jerked her head up and calmed down seeing Shravan standing there with a confused look. He signalled her to come out.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Shravan asked his voice a pitch higher than normal.

"I.... I..." Suman couldn't say anything as she broke down in tears.

"Suman? What happened love?" Shravan asked as he wrapped his arms around her and let her cry.

Suman didn't say anything but kept crying. After a minute or two she calmed down and wiped the tears stricken on her face.

"What happened?" He asked again.

"Let's sit inside." Suman said and was going to sit at the driver seat when Shravan told her to sit at the passenger seat.

"The patient I was doing surgery of- died." Suman said.

"And what are you thinking?" Shravan asked knowing Suman that she must be holding herself responsible.

"His death was just like.... mumma's." Suman said and Shravan looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I couldn't figure out the reason of his death. The chance of that person surviving this surgery was very less, but I don't know what happened before that made him come to the hospital. Even the family members doesn't know anything about his medications. According to them he didn't took any medication." Suman explained and Shravan sat there silent.

"Let's go for an ice-cream. Maybe you will feel better." Shravan said.

"No, I want to go home first. I'm still in yesterday's clothes." Suman said and Shravan agreed with her.

As Shravan was driving, Suman hummed the song playing on the radio.

"Suman?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you think of having dinner tonight? Only you an me. What say?" Shravan asked having a 'plan' in his mind.

"Sounds romantic but I'm in." Suman said and smiled a bit.

"Okay then, be ready by 7." Shravan said.

"Okay!" Suman said and both of them drove to the Malhotra house.