24.

Less than a week was left for Shravan and Suman's wedding and our Doctor Major Suman Tiwari was running here and there to check on the arrangements for the guests to stay.

As the couple have taken leave for their marriage, Shravan has been running around with a worried Suman.

"Suman, what are you worrying about?" Shravan asked as she has been running here and there for more than an hour or so.

"You don't understand Shra--" She couldn't complete her sentence as her head started circling. She held her head tightly and a worried Shravan held her so that she doesn't fall.

"Have you eaten anything since morning?" He asked and she nodded in no still hold her head.

"Stupid. Come with me." Shravan said and held her hand to take her inside but in the mid-way Suman lost her balance and was about to fall when Shravan held her tightly.

"Shravan, I can't see anything properly. Everything is dizzy." Suman said and in no time he picked her up in his arms.

He took her inside the Tiwari house and asked Damroo to bring lemonade and some food for Suman.

"You worry a lot Sumo." Shravan said as he handed her the lemonade.

"You don't understand Shravan. Chachu- Chachi are also not here till evening that they will look after some arrangements. I have to look at my family arrangements all by myself." Suman explained.

"But it doesn't mean that you will forget to eat. I am saying this once again Sumo, your health is more important than others." Shravan said and Suman lowered her head.

"You can't put others before your health. I can't be there with you when I'm on a mission, so please take care of yourself." Shravan said in a calm voice and Suman nodded her head.

Soon Damroo got her food and Shravan made her eat with his own hands.

"Tum nahi kha rahe?" She asked, her mouth filled with food.

"Nahi. Maine subah breakfast kiya tha." Shravan said.

*******

It was evening and mehendi ceremony. Suman was brought down stairs with the help of Kanchan.

Suman's outfit

Suman's outfit.

The hena ladies started applying mehendi on her hands. As it was a ladies function, men were not allowed there.

But as usual the to-be groom was getting inpatient to see his to-be bride while his best friend was trying some way out for the couple to meet.

Suman was looking at everyone enjoying with a gorgeous smile adoring her face. But she also knew that her soon to-be husband will be making his way in to meet her and she didn't mind it because she wanted to meet him too.

As her mehendi got completed, she started to look for kanchan to feed her some food but she was no where to be seen.

"Kaha chali gayi yeh ladki?" Suman murmured to herself. She looked for others but they were busy in some other work too.

With a tired look she went inside her room only to see a plate of food. She smiled but soon the smile faded as she realized that her hands are covered in mehendi.

"Mai khila du?" She heard a voice and smiled.

"Khila do." She said and turned around to see her handsome fiancé standing near her balcony.

"Come." Shravan said as he took the plate in his hands and made her sit on the bed and sat beside her. He fed her while the two talked.

"Sumo?"

"Hmm?"

"Where have you written my name?" He asked in the flow hoping that she will answer.

"I am not dumb. Also, you are not supposed to know until...." She stopped as she realized what she was going to say.

"Until?" Shravan smirked.

"Oh, shut up!" Suman said and got up so that he couldn't see her blushing.

He kept the plate aside and hugged her from behind kissing her nape. Suman breathed heavily and Shravan turned her around carefully so that her mehendi doesn't get spoiled.

She looked at him and he took her lips in his kissing her softly. She so wanted to caress his hair but the hena on her hand wasn't allowing her to.

"I love you soon to-be Mrs Malhotra." Shravan said as he broke the kiss and joined their forehead.

"I love you more Mr Malhotra." Suman chuckled happily.