26.

As the others moved out Shravan could hear his father's and uncle's voice asking everyone to hurry. Shravan stood back for a moment as he looked around his mom.

This is the last time I am looking at this room. In few hours it will be our room- mine and Suman's. The feeling that thought brought cannot be described in words.

"Major Shravan Malhotra, if you want you can join us for your wedding." His thoughts were interrupted by his father's sarcastic comment. I grinned at him sheepishly as he stood at the door near a smug looking Avni.

*******

"The baraat has arrived!" Kanchan shouted and Suman's heart forgot to beat for a moment before it went crazy with its pace.

"Get the bride with jaimala near the entrance." She heard her Chachu's voice and could sense that he was rushing to the entrance to welcome the groom and his family.

Slowly she walked she walked the few steps with the others flanking her.

Suman could never understand over the years why the brides walks so slowly with the jaimala. Today when her feet felt so light and were eager to reach the man who dwelt in her heart still she was unable to walk fast, is when she realized transition of one's life was not a swift process.

Suman had opted to wear a beautiful red lehenga, not so heavy as other bridal costumes but enough for her to be comfortable.

"Oh my god! He definitely is my neighbor handsome." Kanchan said and I realized that we had already reached near the gate.

"Jiju, Kanchan." Suman said in a stern voice.

"Yeah, whatever!" Kanchan rolled her eyes and so did Suman at her antics. But her eyes stopped at a certain person- riding a horse.

Anyone who says a prince riding a horse to win his maiden is a thing of the past needs to be told they are wrong.

Dressed in an off-white jodhpuri with dark red pyjamas, he looked regal as he sat astride on the horse. Although his face was covered with sehra, Suman could sense his gaze was set on her.

And the very next moment she was proved correct as Shravan lifted the sehra a bit only to see his beautiful bride.

Suddenly the music stopped and everyone looked at Suman. She realized that it's time for the jaimala.

Shravan got down from the horse and went towards her with his family following him. Well, when some say that seeing your love coming to make you his, a romantic song plays in the background in the girl's imagination. But here, it was happening for real.

Wait, what?

Yeah, the band was playing a soft music in the background.

As Shravan stood in front of her, he couldn't help but stare at how beautiful she looked in his dream attire. He still can't believe that his only love will be his forever.

Suman couldn't look at him as his heated gaze was making her blush and feel things in her stomach, butterflies?

"Vadhu var ko mala pehnaye." As soon as the pandit ji said, Shravan was lifted up in the air by his friends.

Suman was also no less than a rebel, she smirked which was noticed by Shravan and it scared him.

"You wanna marry me or not?" Suman asked and the whole Tiwari family burst out in laughing. While Shravan scared by her words, got down and was booed by his friends.

"You just wait." Shravan said with a smirk as Suman placed the garland around him and this scared her a bit. Shravan places the garland around her completing the ritual.

*******

As Suman was sent inside while Shravan did some rituals at the mandap waiting for his very soon to-be wife.

"Vadhu ko bulaya jaaye."

Suman came out with the help of Kanchan and some of her friends. She looked up only to see Shravan looking at her, his eyes filled with admiration and love.

As Suman reached the mandap, Shravan forwarded his hand for her to hold. Suman held his hand and sat down beside him. Their hands still clasped.

Pandit ji started chanting the mantras and the couple did as. they were told.

"Koi vadhu ka kanyadan karne aage aaye." As Ramesh stepped forward to give his niece's hand to her lover, a tear or two left Suman's eyes. And everyone knew it that she was missing her parents the most at that moment.

Shravan held her hand and kissed her hand assuring her that everything will be alright.

Pandit ji asked Shravan to apply sindoor and make her wear mangalsutra. Suman closed her eyes with joy and feeling his warm hands on their way to make her his.

After some more mantras, Avni came forward to tie the cloth of Shravan and Suman.

"Var aur vadhu phero ke liye khade ho jaaye."

Shravan stood up and held his hand out for Suman. With the support of his hand she also stood up.

"Pehle ke 4 phere var lega aur aakhri ke 3 phere vadhu legi."

Once again pandit ji started his mantras and the couple took the 7 pheras completing the last ritual of becoming a married couple.

"Vivaah sampan hua! Ab se aap dono pati-patni hue."

The newly married couple looked at each other with eyes filled with love and excitement for the new beginnings.

"I love you." They both said it together making each other smile even brighter. They took the blessings of the elders and hugged the younger one's.

"Here." Kanchan passed a gift to the couple.

"What is this Kancha?" Suman asked.

"A picture of both of you."

The gift wasn't that big so the couple guessed that it was a small frame. Shravan opened it and a smile adorned his face along side Suman.

A picture of them when Suman found the ring that her father kept in her memory box and proposed to him when they both were in night dress.

"Cheers to new and happy beginnings!" Bunty said and Shravan side hugged his wife.

Sorry for the delay. My internet was down today so I couldn't upload it. Anyway, I tried my best for the wedding chapter. I hope you all liked it.