8.

"Suman beta, where are you going?" Ramesh asked seeing Suman going out of the house with a suitcase and Shravan.

"Umm... Chachu... Shravan can you please go? I am coming in some time." Suman asked Shravan to leave for his house giving her and Ramesh some privacy.

"Sure." Saying this Shravan left with her suitcase.

"Will you tell me where are you going?" Ramesh asked.

"Chachu, I have rented a pent house, large enough for me to stay." Suman said.

"What? So, you are saying that you are going away from this house?" Ramesh asked.

"Yes. But for now I am going to live at Malhotra's place. I... I don't want to be a burden." Suman said the last part slowly.

"Suman you are not-"

"I am not, to you. But..." Suman let her sentence hang as Ramesh understood whom she was talking about.

"I am not going to stop you, beta. I want you to live freely and not feel that you are a burden on someone." Ramesh said cupping his brother's daughter's cheeks, who is now like his own daughter.

"Thank you." Suman said and touched his feet to take his blessings.

"Please visit me whenever you are free." Ramesh said giving Suman a forehead kiss.

"I will." Suman said and left the Tiwari house. Maybe forever?

While leaving the house, she saw all those places where she used to spend some happy times of her life. But now, now everything is gone.

How is my favorite cadet?

Perfect.

She remembered how her father used to come back from mission and she would be the first one to hug him.

But he is back.

Suman looked at the bright side. She didn't want to start a new chapter of her life with sadness.

Stepping out of the main gate, she looked at the house and smiled softly. I will try to come back. She thought to herself.

*******

"I hope you are feeling happy now." Kanchan said as she hugged Suman.

"I am." Suman said and reciprocated and hug.

"I am happy that everything is going back to normal." Avni said and joined the hug.

Suman looked for Shravan but he was no where to be seen.

"Umm... Avni--"

"He is in the bedroom." Avni said knowing whom Suman was looking for.

"Thanks. You are the best." Suman said and climbed the stairs.

"Haw. What about me?" Kanchan fake pouted.

"Don't worry, Kancha. You both are equal to me." Suman said and reached the bedroom.

She took a deep breath and opened the door.

There he is.

Sitting on the bed with mobile in his hand. Suman tip-toed and saw that he was looking at their picture which was taken 7 years back.

"One of the best picture of us." Shravan said and almost screamed.

"Why are you screaming?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just thought that you never heard me coming in. So I just got a bit scared when you spoke suddenly." She said and both of them chuckled.

"I smelled your perfume. That's enough for me to know that my Sumo is here." Shravan said and wrapped his hands around her waist pulling her closer to him.

"Oh. So I guess I need to change my perfume." Suman said keeping her hands around his neck.

"No way!" Shravan said and Suman laughed a bit and so did he.

"How are you feeling?" He asked after a bit.

"Happy." She said resting her head on his chest.

"I am happy that you are happy." He said and kissed her forehead and he can feel her smile against his chest.

"Also, as you know that I have sold this house... I have to shift within a week." He informed her.

"You can live with me." She suggested looking up at him.

"Seriously?" He asked shocked.

"Yeah. That house has three rooms. Avni can also live with us." She said.

"Okay, but I am gonna pay the half of the rent." He said.

"Obviously." She said and he kissed her cheeks.

"Finally, a new start." He said and brushed his lips on hers softly.

"Yes." She said and they both stayed in each others embrace for some more time. Not letting go of each other.

Sorry for making you guys wait for this long.