What A Lovely Breakfast

Tw: Swear
_______________________________________

Not even five minutes later, almost everyone was sat down either eating something or having a chat. They were only waiting for Dream and Sapnap now... Oh! There they come.

Sapnap walked in first, "Hey guys, sorry we're la- holy shit Ranboo there's two of you!" Sapnap then realised what he'd said and slapped his hand over his mouth and said, "sorry" but it was very muffled. He and Dream sat down. Ran and Boo only snickered while Phil and Techno frowned slightly. Tommy, Wilbur and Niki suppressed chuckles.

Dream and Sapnap were filled in on the Ranboo situation, and slowly the atmosphere returned to some kind of normalicy. The topic of conversation turned to reminiscing about home, but no one seemed to be mentioning Tommy. Not grasping that the situation was being purposely avoided, George asked, "How did you end up here Tommy?"

Instantly the tension increased and Tommy dropped his smile, "Sorry big G, I uh... I don't actually remember. Got amnesia or some shit-"

"Tommy, don't swear," Phil scolded, but it was empty.

It was quite for a bit and George thought the topic would be dropped, but then Tommy spoke very quietly.
"First memory was uh, being lost in this forest here for about a week before I found these lot." He gestured to Phil, Wilbur and Techno in a small wave, and chuckled, "Not my best moment I can assure you."

"Tommy I'm so sorry I-"

"No it's okay, s'not your fault my brains all fu-" Phil scowled, "messed up"

"Do you, um, know what happened? Why you don't remember?"

"Not a clue"

Tentatively, Wilbur tried changing the subject, and everyone jumped at the opportunity to talk about something else.
_______________________________________

"Hey Wilbur," Sapnap interrupted after a bit, "Why is this place called the 'sleepy Bois inc' if there's girls here? Isn't that kind of... Strange?"

"My friend, you are incredibly mistaken!" Wilbur announced, brandishing his spoon like a weapon.

"Me and Ranboo aren't part of the SBI really Sapnap" Said Niki, noticeably quieter than Wilbur.

"Yep," Wilbur cut back in, "The Sleepy Bois will forever be Technoblade, Tommy, Wilbur Soot, and Philza Minecraft-"

"Philza Minecraft-"
"Surly that's not a real name-"
"No way-"
"Minecraft!?-"

Wilbur, being the little crime boy that he is, smirked at the chaos he has knowingly caused. Phil cringed, and asked for everyone to calm down.

"Of course that's not my real name guys. It's just a nickname Will gave me because we used to play a lot of Minecraft together-"

"(And he was really good at it)"

"-Yes, thank you Wilbur" Said Phil in a way that sounded like he wasn't actually very thankful, but more embarrassed.

Now more wary, George felt the need to ask if he could ask about Phil and Wilbur's backstories.

"No that's okay, I don't mind. Will?"

"Not at all. Take it away Phil."

(The next chapter explains this bit but finish reading this one first)

"When we came across Tommy, we decided maybe it was best to just... Make a life out here instead of searching for a new one y'know?"

There were nods all round.

"And you three, why are you trying to get to Hope?" Philza asked addressing the Dream Team.

"We heard there might be a cure developing there." Sapnap answered.

"Oh?" Technoblade questioned, "I didn't think they'd bother with that anymore."

"Why not?" Sapnap felt his chest tighten slightly with the premonition something bad was going to happen.

"Well, the virus has practically come and gone by now. Killed the vulnerable, left the rest. I just thought they'd be more busy repairing in the big cities, not worrying about a cure." He shrugged.

"'come and gone'?" George echoed, "We left our home running from it. It kills almost everyone - not just the vulnerable."

Suddenly Techno looked pitiful, and the pressure in Sapnap's chest felt like his lungs were going to burst--or he was having a heart attack.

"Let me guess; you two came from a small town - practically a village - in the middle of nowhere. Y'hear rumours of a virus that's killin' everyone through people who told other people who told you. Don't get me wrong - the virus is the worst thing to ever happen - but it already happened everywhere else. Word of mouth is completely unreliable."

"So...what's going to happen back home?" Sapnap managed to ask. George didn't say a word.

Techno sighed. "Most likely scenario: you were right to leave. Its still a really deadly virus. But if you were runnin' to Hope to try and save people. You ain't gonna have much luck there."

Everything was silent except for a crunching sound that sounded suspiciously like uncooked spaghetti, before the culprit was whacked on the arm,"Ouch!"

"Shut up" Ran hissed at his counterpart.

"I-I have to go" George pushed back his chair and left quickly, distress evident in his voice and movements. Everyone turned to Sapnap, who meekly left to follow George. His face was scrunched in worry for his best friend.
_______________________________________

Sapnap was surprised when he left the room and saw how far George had gotten. "Wait!" he called, and jogged to catch up.

Either George didn't hear him or didn't care, because he finished crossing the bridge and disappeared into the Dream Team's room.

Sapnap ran over, and found George sitting on his hammock, head in hands. Watching his best friend in utter melancholy - Sapnap didn't know what to do.

"We left, for nothing"

Sapnap crossed the room and gently sat next to George.

"We just left them to die"

"George, if we'd had stayed, what more could we do?"

"We could have been there. I could've helped mum in the hospital, we could've done something. And maybe what happened with Halo-"

"George stop." Sapnap wanted to believe he'd stopped George just because his friend was beginning to hyperventilate slightly, but inside he felt George's words crawling round his brain, making him regret.

"You heard Techno, we did the right thing. There's still a chance. We always knew there might be nothing there"

"Even so... I never wanted to believe it."

"neither did I"

A tear slipped down Sapnap's cheek. He absentmindedly wondered how George was still wearing his goggles while crying: wouldn't they fill up?

"I just. I miss them so much" George's voice broke, "I wasn't ready to leave."

Sapnap held his best friend closer.

"I'm sorry Sapnap, I probably sound like a big baby."

"You're not a baby for being sad George- it's okay to miss people. Not being able to see those you care about- It's heart breaking. I- I wish I was as sad as you, because it would mean I was lucky enough to have something to miss as much as you do."

"Oh Sapnap" Now Nick was crying too, tears free falling down his face.

The boys sat together in the quiet and held close. They'd get through this together.
_______________________________________

Guys I'm so sorry! The whole end of this chapter might just be one big cringe-fest for you. If you even felt a little bit of emotion... Well for starters >:) good. And secondly please let me know.

Sincerely, the kid who tries to be edgy but it's just weird