A Little Thinking Goes A Long Way

So Dream recited his story to them, but he neglected to mention the parts about his real name and the light aversion. He also told them why he'd been following them; "I was just wondering about really, and all of a sudden I realised I'd come by a town. Just as I was turning around to leave - I saw you too. Honestly I was just curious at first, but then I wanted to help you just because. It wasn't planned or anything" he ended with a shrug, seemingly disappointed with how he explained it.

In return, George and Sapnap finally made proper Introductions. After George, Sapnap said, "My name's Nick but you can call me Sapnap-"

George thwacked his friends arm good-naturedly "Hey! I didn't get nickname privilege for at least two weeks after I met you."

"Well," Sapnap retorted,"Dream literally saved my life a few times," Dream nodded, "and if he wants to carry on travelling with us I didn't want it to be awkward. You are planning on staying right Dream?"

Dream was silent for a moment, and Sapnap felt his stomach drop; had he over-stepped a line? But no, Dream quickly recovered to admit,"honestly I was thinking about how to ask you if it was okay! Not gonna lie, it's been a little lonely out here... "

George spoke up, "Dude we'd be dead without you! Multiple times! Also I'm assuming you stopped those mobs who shot Sapnap from following us further right?"

"Yeah, sorry I couldn't get there sooner by the way Sapnap"

The person in question waved Dream off, "Don't worry about it. I'd rather be injured than dead."

After a little more light conversation, the boys got around to telling Dream about their plan to get to Last Hope.

Dream tilted his head questioningly, "How come you guys are still hanging around this cave then?"

George frowned, "Sapnap's leg still hasn't healed. I don't know what's wrong - it should be fine by now. Hey Dream, you mentioned your past in medicine..."

Sapnap caught in to what George meant and asked if Dream could take a look at his wound. Dream agreed, and carefully unwrapped the bandages - complimenting George's handywork.

After a few minutes, Dream frowned and reached into his backpack."Hm, I'm pretty sure I still have it... Aha!" To the boys confusion, Dream pulled out a quiver of arrows that had belong to the skeleton that shot Sapnap. He took one of the arrows and examined the end. He then took out an arrow not from the skeleton quiver and began to compare them.

George spotted a difference fairly quickly, and pointed out a pink tinge on the feather and head of the skeleton's arrow. Dream was astounded at George's vision, "Dude do you have like... Super eyes or something?"

"Quite the opposite actually," George laughed, "Without these goggles I couldn't see two feet in front of my face. Why were you looking at the arrow anyway?"

"Well the arrow that wounded Sapnap was actually an arrow of harming, made by staining the arrow with spider's eye."

Sapnap thought about how all arrows could technically be classed as arrows of harming, but chose not to point this out.

"It won't heal normally, but luckily I've got just the thing" Dream rummaged in his backpack again and this time produced an apple. This apple, however, was golden. Dream handed it to Sapnap, and prompted him to eat it.

The boys were both a bit put out by this, but really if Dream was trying to hurt them, he'd have just left them to die so there was no reason not to trust him...

Sapnap ate the apple, and felt great. "Oh wow this thing really works!" it was true, the wound on Sapnap's leg was now little more than a scar. Though he was wearing a mask, George could tell Dream smirked when he said, "What? Didn't trust the stranger claiming an apple would solve all your problems?" At least he knew how suspicious it was.

"Well, we've got no more reason to stay here now, why don't we leave as soon as the sun comes up?" Sapnap was eager to get moving, and the other two agreed. The boys laid out their sleeping bags and realised Dream probably didn't have one.

"I'm used to it guys, don't worry, " he said, "I'll just find... a comfy rock." and with that he started wandering around the back of the cave, before plonking himself on the floor and laying down.

With a shrug, George and Sapnap layed down too. It would have been a while before anyone actually fell asleep, but they all felt a little bit safer knowing the others were there.
_______________________________________

A new player had joined the party! Welcome, Dream!

Sincerely, an unsolvable rubix cube