Penultimate Day Of Our Demise

It was, as Phil saw it, it was the second to last day before the big raid. He'd been out scouting the area and saw the group that Tubbo had described camping approximately two days away (unless you had wings - then the journey was much shorter). There was good news and bad news: the bad news was that the numbers of the raiding party were closer to forty or fifty and not thirty.

The good news was that there were two spies among them. A mutated named Fundy had managed to get in contact and was arriving undercover with the others, and a non-mutated who'd survived the virus and went by the code name Quackity was with him too.

Tubbo had also been training with  sword fighting under Technoblade and Dream. Much like the other new skills he had learnt here, the child seemed to possess a surprising amount of base knowledge for them. When asked why, he'd smile and say, "I'm a man of many skills" and then wink suspiciously.

Minx still hadn't arrived, which left Niki worried sick.

Right now, everyone was gathered in the living room. It had sort of become tradition to spend half an hour-ish here all together each morning, though today each little gathering felt miles apart.

Wilbur strummed softly on his guitar and occasionally sang a snatchet of lyrics. The tune was sombre yet relaxing, and Niki and Ranboo sat close by seemingly just listening and speaking quietly together. Phil couldn't hear what they were saying, but he saw Niki put a comforting hand on the half-enderman's shoulder and he gave a small smile. It was heartwarming to see them act like close siblings. Sometimes Phil thought that they were biological family or something. It was hard to tell with Ranboo, because he and his paper crown were a bit of a mystery. And not to mention how close-lipped Niki was with her past.

Technoblade was talking with Tommy and Tubbo. The little bumble nestled in Tubbo's hair bobbed as he spoke, "You really think I'm ready? I've only been learning for a few days!"

Technoblade smiled, "You're the fasted learner I've ever had," he leant closer and whispered, "Probably even faster than Dream." The boy beamed, sparkles in his eyes. Tommy clapped him on the back, "We've got this Tubbo, those fools don't know what's comin'!" His tail swished furiously and confidently.

Tommy had started wearing his compass again like he had when Phil first encountered him, and like Tubbo did. It was such a pure friendship the boys had - transcending Tommy's lost memories which they had been trying to recover.

Finally, Dream and George were in the very corner of the room. It looked like Dream was flirting again, and Phil wondered when he was just going to ask George out. Like really, George was already going beet red at every compliment Dream gave, and they always wanted to hang out. Could it be anymore obvious? Seemingly out of nowhere, Sapnap nudged Phil with his elbow. "Ten bucks says they're gonna get together."

Phil laughed and ruffled his wings, "That's a losing bet!"

"But a bet none the less~" Nick waggled his eyebrows.

"Fine," Phil acquiesced, "It's not like money means much out here anyway."

The realisation that he'd just made a profitless bet dawned on Sapnap, and Phil left him to his confusion. He heard a mumbled, "dang it" behind him and couldn't help a snicker.

Wilbur stopped strumming his tune, and left the room, returning with a book. He nestled himself in the corner to read. Tommy also left, dragging Tubbo along behind him.
_______________________________________

"Tommy, where are we going?"

"You'll see." Tubbo smiled at his friend's spontaneous nature. They'd just been talking with Technoblade when Tommy 'remembered' he wanted to show Tubbo something. The mutated reckoned that Tommy was probably just working up the nerve to show whatever this was.

Tubbo felt he could really get used to living here. He had his best friend, freedom, a home.

A proper home - not whatever his house had become. A place of broken glass and broken promises. But it was okay, because that was behind him. He had this now, and the realisation made the brunet's heart swell. He didn't ask Tommy to slow down as they practically ran across the rope bridge but sped up to keep pace instead.

Tommy led them inside to what Tubbo assumed would be a spare room, because there wasn't much in it. There was a big box-looking thing in the middle of the room and a rack of old style records. With minimal decoration, the rug under the box-thing was probably the most aesthetically pleasing decor in the room.

The duo walked over to the rack, and Tommy said, "This is my disc collection Tubbo. It's very important to me, and I don't usually let people touch it but I want you to pick one. Preferably not Mellohi because it's a bit sad y'know?"

Touched, Tubbo scanned the row of discs. "That's really kind of you Tommy, do you have anything to play these on?"

"That box over there's a jukebox. You can't put the disc in it and it plays."

Picking out a disc with a green band around the centre, Tubbo was about to put it in the box when Tommy said, "Hang on, I want to play it for the others too." He walked over to the jukebox and picked it up - apparently it was much lighter than it looked.

"Let's go cheer some people up!"
_______________________________________

Tommy's mini party was a great idea - everyone laughed about and had a great time. Eventually, they decided to get some other discs too because listening to Cat on repeat would drive anyone mad.

There was even Technoblade's favourite; Pigstep - to which everyone had turns freestyle rapping too.

As sly as they thought they were being, nobody missed Dream and George snatching glances at eachother and standing close together the whole time. Sapnap found it utterly hilarious made a point to tell them multiple times. Both Dream and George denied these accusations.

There were many more games of Uno played in which they did a sort of competition because there weren't enough cards for everyone to play at once. It was as chaotic as you'd expect it to be: Technoblade and Dream were the first two to get out which flared their competitive nature; Wilbur's cards fell through his hands multiple times; and Tommy was caught trying to cheat at least three times (hey, just because he's good doesn't mean he won't cheat).

Phil loved his family so much, because everyday was better with them in it.

Despite the heavy weight looming over them, today would be something they'd all remember only with smiles and laughter. Whatever the next three days would bring; they'd be ready for it.
_______________________________________

Found family dynamic go brrr.

Did you guys see Ranboo's prison stream? oml it was so good he is such a great actor!!!!

Are ya'll ready for the day we've been waiting for? The characters seem to think they are. Who knows what could happen!! 😁

Sincerely, a proud - yet slightly out of place - Hufflepuff