Diamond In The Rough

Tw death. Sorry guys.
_______________________________________

Thunk. Clink.

Skeppy winced. While his diamonds didn't hurt when they cracked per say, it wasn't a pleasant experience. And it was usually accompanied by mass amounts of stress anyway.

It didn't help that night was closing in: the possibility of running into a zombie or a skeleton rose every passing second. And he was cold.

Chink. Thunk.

Angry and determined as he was, Skeppy was tempted to go back home. The others were probably worried about him. But he'd heard some of George and Sapnap's argument and Halo was alive. They'd lied to him... About his best friend.

If Halo was here, Skeppy intended to find him. It was almost night after all, and night time was very, very dangerous. What if Halo got hurt?

Crack. Thunk. Snap.

Snap? That wasn't a diamond noise. It was probably nothing, but it could be dangerous.

Or it could be Halo.

Or - if they were already worried enough - it could be someone looking for him.

Maybe Skeppy should have considered that those first two options were one in the same.

Thunk. Kchink.

Okay. Skeppy needed to relax. His arms were already sore and he could feel the deep lines running through his face.

Deep breaths... Deep breaths. Deep breaths-

A bird flew overhead, and Skeppy squeaked in surprise before quickly trying to calm his racing heart. He had to be strong and brave - if not for himself then for Halo. Skeppy's mutation was defensive in nature, and that definitely showed in his personality.

To the detriment of Skeppy's ego, many of his friends called it 'the mum-friend instinct': in which Skeppy was easily able to do something that he struggled with if one of his friends needed help with it.

Despite the aforementioned bruising of his ego, Skeppy smiled fondly. He couldn't wait to see Halo for what was the first time since their first meeting. Ah the memories of seven long years ago.

Oh Halo was going to love New Hope. It was bright and safe and cheerful and accepting! The perfect place for the mutated (and, Skeppy supposed, humans as well... Like Sapnap!).

The diamond mutated was snapped away from his thoughts by the twang of a bow. He whirled around to find the source, only to see a skeleton's skull staring back at him with it's lifeless sockets and gawping grin.

Practically shrieking as he jumped away from the mob, an arrow narrowly missed Skeppy's chest - plinking off a well-placed diamond.

He needed to run. Now.

But something made Skeppy pause: a swish of black and red cloak in the darkness.

The skeleton notched another arrow as Skeppy called out to the figure he had seen, "Hello?! Who's there!"

The boy's only reply was the harsh bite of steel in his chest. It was cold. Coldcoldcoldcoldcold. It wasn't blocked by any crystal as it wriggled further and further through Skeppy's chest from his back.

The mutated screamed and felt several of his diamonds shatter completely, sending further shockwaves of pain throughout his body.

His vision blurred as someone lowered him gently - so gently - to the ground. The last words Skeppy ever heard before the eternal darkness claimed him were:

"One muffin down. Many more to go."
_______________________________________

Sorry Skeppy. Anywho sorry for the short chapter I wanted to leave a bit of ✨ suspense ✨

Sincerely, a can of off-brand Pepsi