Have Hope (P2)

"Excuse me, uh, sirs?"

George was startled awake to see one of the soldiers from Captain Puffy's squadron looking at him.

"The king had asked for an audience, and also your friends have come in. But you should um... You should probably clean up a bit first."

The king? Oh gods. The actual king wanted to see them.

With an embarrassed flush George then registered the second half of what the soldier said. It was a fair statement, considering George was quite literally covered in dirt and blood. There might have even been a leaf of two in his hair.

George gently shook the still-sleeping Sapnap and noticed that Captain Puffy had left at some point. How long had they been asleep for? His best guess was anywhere between 20 and 50 minutes.

The soldier cleared their throat impatiently.

George nudged Sapnap again, and this time with a semi-delirious 'huh?' he actually woke up. George made a mental note to use this moment the next time Sapnap teased him about his sleeping habits.

Doctors and nurses were still bustling about the place as Dream and George were lead out of the infirmary to get ready to meet the king.
_______________________________________

Boo, Ran, and Niki had been inside the castle for over half an hour now, and it was safe to say the latter of the trio was beginning to get incredibly impatient.

By the time they were finally 'presentable' enough to see the king, Niki was practically fuming, and was asked several times to unbend various pieces of metal she'd accidentally manipulated in her frustration.

With an increasingly worried party of Ran, Boo, and a pair of soldiers behind her, Niki practically stormed into the throne room.

And then she saw the King's face, and she thought she might cry.

Without hesitation or concern Niki sprinted toward the king and didn't know whether to punch or hug him, so despite the amount of guards around her, she managed to to both.

The king was understandably a mix of confused, angry, and afraid until he saw Niki's face.

"Wha- wait Niki?! Oh my god is that you?!" the king spluttered as he rubbed his cheek (because oh boy Niki was strong and that hurt).

Niki didn't say anything, too busy trying not to cry, so she just nodded rapidly, a grin spreading over her face.

The king laughed heartily, and threw his arms around Niki for a hug.

Finally composing herself, Niki pulled away. Shaking her head in disbelief she said, "Oh god, we- we thought you were dead! But you're alive and you're here and- just... wow. We were so worried!"

"We?" the king echoed with a grin matching Niki's. He looked over the mutated's shoulder expectantly and said, "Wait does that mean-"

"Yes!" Ran shouted as he teleported behind the king and gave him a big ol' hug from behind. This was a sufficient enough distraction for Boo too run up and hug the King too.

Luckily, the guards present understood enough of what was going on to know that the three arrivals were not - in fact - attacking the king, and made no move to stop them.

Too soon, the King pulled away from the counterparts' embrace. "Oh my god you too." He said fondly, "I- i don't know what to say-"

"How about 'sorry' doofus?" Ran replied playfully.

Boo laughed, then said, "But seriously, it's good too see you alive and well."

"Same for you two. I'll have to say hello to Ranboo later as well I suppose?"
_______________________________________

George and Sapnap entered the throne room and saw the king (well they assumed it was the king - judging by the crown and robe), being hug-attacked by Ran and Boo while Niki looked on with a stupid smile plastered on her face.

Sapnap was far past surprise and confusion, so he just reacted with a plain and simple 'huh' and a mental shrug.

Niki spotted them first, and waved the pair over as the king was able to escape the enderboy's hug.

For a king, he seemed quite young. Or maybe that was only because all the Kings Sapnap ever heard about were old men with greying beards. This king had no beard at all.

"Okay, what just happened?" George asked immediately, directly echoing what Sapnap was thinking.

The king, the enderboys, and Niki looked between eachother comically.

"Should I-"

"I think-"

"Wait, do they even know about me?"

"I don't think so."

"What! You never told them?"

"We didn't even know you were alive!"

"It wasn't really worth it-"

"Well let me introduce myself then." The king said, and dramatically removed his sunglasses but kept his gaze away from George and Sapnap.

"My name is King Eret, sibling to Niki and Ranboo, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to New Hope."

When Eret looked up, their eyes were pure white.
_______________________________________

New Hope? Huh.

Again, sorry it's a little short today. And I totally didn't forget today was an upload day until like five minutes ago no sir-ee!

Backstory unlocked: Niki, Ranboo, and Eret are siblings pogchamp?

Sincerely, heart locket my beloved