A Visit From Afar

Sapnap's leg wasn't healing as fast as it should be. George tried to remember if he'd done something wrong, but the wound just wouldn't put itself back together. Even stranger - Sapnap had no fever or infection, so George just couldn't explain it.

What was he doing wrong? His own shoulder was healing as it should, although still a tad sore when he poked it.

The sun was rising in the sky, casting yellows and reds over the canopy, and George quietly made his way outside for some air.

His eyes were particularly sore today, maybe he could take them off, just a little bit? Sapnap was still asleep after all... George found a puddle clear enough to see his reflection in and squatted beside it, looking at his goggle-covered face.

With a breath, he slipped those goggles over his head and looked at his own eyes in the water; one brown like his mother's, and one a light grey.

George was supposed to be born blind, god knows he'd been told many times, but somehow he'd managed to hang on to his vision and was severely short sighted. No one had teased George for his odd eye, but it made him quite self-conscious, and to be fair he did need the extra help too see, so the goggles hit two birds with one stone.

His eye was something he'd hid all his life.

George sighed heavily, his breath weighed down by the secret he carried, and failed to notice how clear the world looked before he'd placed the goggles back on his head.
_______________________________________

After being stuck in this stupid cave for a couple days, Sapnap was eager to get back into action, but George was better at medicine, and his advice was to take it easy. While Sapnap hated sitting around, he also trusted his friend.

George was out, probably getting water or berries or just out for a walk, so Sapnap was pretty bored. He hobbled over to the cave entrance (being extra careful about his wounded leg) and looked out into the forest.

Scanning the forestry, Sapnap noticed someth amiss. He wasn't sure at first, because whatever it was blended in nicely with the green of the leaves and the white and black of the bark, but soon Sapnap realised what he was seeing wasn't a tree, but a person. He froze, unsure of what to do, when he noticed this person stick what seemed like a bit of paper to a tree.

Ah, so Sapnap had spotted their mystery protector. Said protector seemed to admire their work for a second, before cocking their head to one side, as if listening.The weirdest thing was - their face looked... strange. He couldn't be sure, but Sapnap though they were wearing some sort of mask. Then they looked directly at Sapnap, and immediately disappeared.

Well - not literally disappeared - but at the speed that they left it might had well have been magic.

Gods, maybe Sapnap did have a fever afterall, seeing things like people with strange faces and superhuman speed.
_______________________________________

George returned and immediately noticed Sapnap was anxious about something from the raw look of his bottom lip.

"Is your leg hurting again?"

"What? -" Sapnap looked up at George and banished the frown from his face,
"Uh no I just thought I saw something... Out in the woods"

"Oh. What kind of a something?"

"A note kind"

Aha, so Sapnap thought he'd seen another note from their mystery protector.

"... And I think I also saw the person that put it there, but it was really strange. They had a mask and could run super fast-"

George couldn't help but snicker, "That rhymes. And also, I think you might need to get more sleep"

Luckily Sapnap didn't seem to notice George's snicker and asked "Could you just check? It's still bright out, there won't be any mobs!"

Seeing his friends discomfort, George acquiesced and went out to the tree Sapnap had pointed to.

Strangely enough, there was a note.
It read: be careful, there's another person following y

The last word was presumably 'you' but if Sapnap did see this person, they might've left before finishing because they didn't want to be seen. Next George turned his attention to the ominous meaning of the note. Who else was following them? And why? And more importantly: should he tell Sapnap? Who already had enough on his mind?

George decided that he would, seeing as it seemed like pretty important information, but he'd do it once they were on the walk again.
_______________________________________

C̵̮͛̂͋ụ̵̙̻͛̿̒̅̾͝ṛ̸̡͌̉̾̽s̴̡̛̼̝͎̖͕̽e̴͍̓͑̐̊̑ ̶̖͍̖̣̠̜́̽͂̓ý̶̧̗̖̖͔͖̪̓͌̀͌̍̚o̶̡̰͈͔̿͂̊u̶̞̬͖̞͍̒̽̇͆́͠ͅͅ ̵͖͙̯̆͘#̶̧̯̫̈́̍[Redacted] ,̷̢͍̼̜̌ ̶̢̼̹͛̄̅I̸͔͗̈͝ ̸͕̘̳͆̈́̿͆s̴̫̪̘͌̈́ḩ̶̞̞̥̪̍͌͗ọ̴͍̙͓̫͎̽͝ȗ̸̧̢͇̜̱͍͖̽̄͠l̵͔͍͐̏͒̇̓͆d̷̙̬̞̘͒̒͋̾̉̾̕ͅ ̴͇̼͌̂h̸̛͕̉͗͆̂̾̆a̷̪̣͈͇̲̠͌͋̌̆̃͗̕v̸̺̲̪̮̞͈͈͗̽̅̅̓͠ě̵̻͎̦͍̘͖͔̋̀̚͘͝

̶̤̹͉̈́k̶̜͔̼̲̞̇̎̿͌̕ï̸̧̧̠̊̊̃̂̀l̵̥̫̍͆͋͘ḷ̷̙̭̑͘ẻ̶̺ḓ̵̛̀͛́͂͝ ̸͍̖̠̻͈̹̔͛̅͂̌͘y̷̫̒͂o̴͓̜̣͚͔̙̾̑̄̚͘ͅu̸̻̰͔̪̲͈͗̋́̕ ̵̨̢̛̞͕̯̰͇̊̂̀̈͛ẘ̶̩̙̾̍͊͛ḣ̵͍͐e̴͖̣͚̪̩̼̔̀͐̏̀̔͝ṋ̵̰̪̤̗͓͝ ̵͍̯̒͗̂̅̀̚͝I̸͙͙̳̊̈ ̷̡̤͉̹̘̽h̵̼̏͆̃̀̌̅̈ā̸͈͈͙͛͛͐̄̾̒d̴̜̓̌̈ ̴̫̪͙͚̬̱̞́̍́͐̊̚ţ̵̺̙͚͙͉̜̆͌͛̀͝͝h̷̠̳͈͇͕̹͌͑̋̎̍̒̎ͅe̷̢̼̹͙̳͔͋̀̈̾͜͝ ̶͔̖̹̀̈́c̵͉͍̤̱͐̽̋̉̒͑͗͜ͅẖ̵̛̥͎̬̽ą̴̜͚̽̈̀n̷͓͓̲̠͋̋c̵̪̯̪̪̺̐e̴̡̢̙͖̬͙̻͗̒͑̃̚

_______________________________________

I suppose yall know who the mysterious protector is now: the white mask? the green hoodie? It can only be the one and only.

But who is this other follower? And why have the boys been warned to stay cautious?

Sincerely, a fancy llama