The Raid

Just another tw for blood, I forgot to put it in the last one.
_______________________________________

If Niki had her been an omnipresent narrator, she'd have known that the fight had been going on for just over half an hour now. Unfortunately, she was not, and so had no way of knowing how long she'd been fighting for. The sun was high in the sky - thankfully preventing the spawn of  mobs and casting a slight warmth over the chilling day.

Tubbo had warned them that the government prepared small groups of special forces to deal with mutated sometimes, but many of the people here were just volunteers and were inexperienced with combat. Niki had no conflict over taking their lives - they knew what they were in for the moment they chose to attack a peaceful community.

As far as she was aware, Niki had been the only one apart from Philza to meet Quackity and Fundy face to face. As the battle began Niki had noticed the mutated and his friend cornered by some of their own and sent swift blades to help them. Two of the attackers died as the metal sliced through one's neck and was lodged in the others head. The last dodged.

"You're Quackity and Fundy right?" Niki called.

"That's us. Nice to finally meet you!" Quackity replied while simultaneously attempting to stab the remaining threat. He sustained some nasty cuts before succeeding. The three lapsed into silence concentrating on fighting: chit chat could wait.

Niki peeled away from them not too long after, seeing as the duo were pretty capable of handling themselves.

Too bad Niki wasn't fighting in a pair, then maybe they would have warned her about the guy sneaking up behind her.
_______________________________________

Ran and Boo were obviously fighting together, almost back to back. As they twisted and turned in their deadly dance with multiple opponents, Ran spotted Niki in mortal danger. He was too far away, but Ran still called out to her and started running. Boo watched him, knowing it was going to be too late.

Niki was alerted to the danger, and she watched with horror as a sword fell towards her. The wielder had a sickening grin on their face - as if anyone could enjoy brutal murder.

Out of the corner of her eye, Niki saw Ran. And then she didn't. It was like he'd disappeared for a split second, but then appeared next to her. His momentum sent them both careening into the ground, the attacker toppling over them. Quick as anything, Ran snatched up a knife from Niki's belt, rolled over, and drove it into the attacker's back before they could retaliate.

Both mutated layed there for a second breathing heavily.

"Did you just teleport?"

"I think so"

"Okay. That's new right?"

"Yeah."

"Did you know you could do that?"

"No"

"We should probably get up, and thank you."

"No problem. I'm going back to help Boo now"

"Good idea."

Still shocked, Niki pushed the defiantly dead person off her and got up. Ran and his new ability were off again already. Niki hoped he'd be able to work on his new power because it seemed pretty useful. With only a sore rib to pay for that strange luck, Niki thanked Ran again mentally.
_______________________________________

Having just witnessed this, Sapnap turned back to George and Dream, the latter of whom had just flung someone into a tree with a sickening thud. Sapnap fired an arrow into them, just to be sure they were dead.