Snow Day (P1)

Philza was worried about the raid. With only seven days to go they were severely running out of time. Currently, he was discussing numbers with Niki in the early hours of the morning.

"At the moment, it's ten against thirty, which means three opponents each. That wouldn't be a problem for Technoblade or Dream but some of the others may find it a bit harder. Will only fights long range and we don't even know if Tubbo can hold a sword!"

Niki bit the inside of her cheek, then said,"I'm sure Minx will be back any day now, that gives us eleven. And if we can get in contact with the others there are a few hidden mutated that would be willing to help."

"Well, we've had no luck with that so Far. No one's responding." Phil unconsciously wrapped his wings around himself slightly. His eyes were tired - he hadn't been sleeping as often as he should. Technoblade would have a fit if he found out.

Niki reached out and put a comforting hand on Phil's arm,"Hey, we're going to be okay."

"Thanks Niki, I appreciate it."
_______________________________________

Things were not so calm on the other side of the tree house; Sapnap woke up and white light drew his eyes to the doorway. He blinked and rubbed the sleep out of said eyes, only to see snow drifting peacefully onto the floor where it settled.

Sapnap looked again, just to make sure. Then he got up and looked once more. Definitely snow. A smile spread across Nick's face, he knew the perfect way to wake up those two sleepyheads this morning.

He wrapped his blanket over his shoulders like a cape, and snuck outside. It was key that Dream and George didn't know what he was doing. Nick knelt down, and picked up enough snow for roughly two snowballs.
_______________________________________

"SAPNAP YOU IDIOT!!" Tommy heard as he got out of bed. He also thought there was a high pitch screech followed by rapid footsteps, but those could've been the magma boy's imagination.

The scream did serve another purpose however, that being to alert Tommy to the fact that is was snowing outside. Snow!!! This was brilliant! But what of his peculiar skin? Would it be okay to touch it? Only one way to find out he guessed, but he wanted to wake Techno and big T first, just to share the excitement.

"Tubbo" He whispered, "Its snowing!"

"Huh?" Tubbo replied sleepily, he wasn't always a morning person.

"Come on its snowin' outside I want to go have a snowball fight."

Tubbo rolled over, facing away from Tommy. "It's too early, go back to sleep."

"Aaaawr but it's too cold to sleep I've got energy now!"

"Ten minutes" mumbled the brunet and slipped back into unconsciousness.

Tommy pouted, trying to figure out what to do until then, when a monotone voice startled him from behind,"Sounds to me like you've got ten minutes to prepare for fight Tommy."

It was Techno, miraculously wide awake and ready to go. "How do you always do that?" Tommy whined.

"Do what?"

"You just... You're just there when it's convenient."

The pig man winked.
_______________________________________

Approximately five minuets later, Niki and Phil were still planning and discussing, when something woodshed past Phil's face, followed by a hushed "Dammit!"

Phil smiled, and waited for the inevitable second snowball. Niki had seen the glimmer in his eyes and tried not to give it away.

Just as he judged Tommy was about to throw, Phil suddenly spoke, "Just what do you think you're doing?"

The child screeched in surprise and his snowball veered even further off course than last time, landing with a whump right on Niki's face.

There was stunned silence, before Niki stood up calmly, and began to walk towards the door. Seeing he was about to be outnumbered, Tommy made for a tactical retreat shouting, "It was just target practice it was just target practice!! Technoblade told me to!!"

Now Phil left the room too, eager to let go for a little bit. The snow felt strange but not too unpleasant on his feathers, and it's cold only sharpened his senses. "Hey Niki, I think those two just challenged us to a fight."

"I agree, let's go kick their buts."
_______________________________________

Down on the forest floor, two people were already way ahead of the others. George and Sapnap had been snowball fighting since the latter woke them up, with Dream trying his best not to fall over from being lightheaded after wheezing so much. Sapnap had the disadvantage of poor aim, but George was terrible with the cold, so the match evened out somehow. Of course, they'd stopped to get their jackets and whatnot first so as not to freeze to death.

Eventually, Technoblade, Tommy, Phil, and Niki were fighting too, and some well placed stray snowballs led to a merging of the two battles. At some point, Tubbo and Ranboo came down, wondering what all the mayhem was about. Once they realised it was a snowball fight, both were eager to join in.

The match was set up with Philza, Niki, Tubbo, Sapnap, and Dream against Techno, Tommy, George, and Ranboo.

Technoblade's winter clothes comprised of tough boots and a red cloak with fluff around the neck, which Tommy remarked looked like 'some monarchy cape'. To this, Techno replied that 'monarchy was just as bad as a government, and he would not like to be associated to it thank you very much'.

Most of the others were just wearing jackets, gloves and hats, except Tommy who was begrudgingly wrapped up, in many layers to avoid the magma cooling too much.

Once the match had almost begun, someone realised that the teams were unbalanced. "Hang on, this isn't fair," Said Ranboo, "We've got less people! Where's Wilbur?"

"Hey, that's a good point actually. You guys carry on, I'm gonna go see what's up." Phil spread his wings dramatically and flew up into the canopy, and disturbed one of the trees causing lots of snow to fall down on the group gathered below.

Chuckling to himself, Phil went to find Wilbur.
_______________________________________

It was very cold, and Will was sat under his blankets reading a book. Wilbur loved reading, and had many a book in the corner of the room but he'd much rather be spending time with his friends. It was just that he couldn't go outside right now.

"Hey mate, you okay?"

Wilbur almost jumped out of his skin at the sudden noise, sending the book onto the floor. Dang, he'd lost the page. "Ha, you uh, y'scared me there Phil. Apart from the heart attack, I'm fine."

Phil shook the snow out of his feathers and came inside, "How come you aren't outside with everyone else?" he asked, slightly concerned.

"It- It's snowing Phil. Snow is just colder rain. I don't think I'd be able to go outside in it." Had Phil forgotten? That was... Depressing to say the least.

"But have you tried?"

Huh, that was a thought. Wilbur hadn't tried, but it didn't make sense that snow would be fine when rain was not. But Phil was looking at him expectantly now, so Wilbur pushed off his blanket fortress and made his way to the door frame. He extended a shaky hand outside.
_______________________________________

Sorry for slower updates right now, things are a tad stressful and I haven't been writing as much as I'd like to, but hey we've got lives to live I suppose.

Sincerely, a used post-it note